“You're better off kipping in your car than going to this flea pit” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canyon Gateway Inn

Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
You added Grand Canyon Gateway Inn to your Saves list
Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   334 East Route 66, Williams, AZ 86046 (Formerly Rodeway Inn at Route 66)   |
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Williams
London, United Kingdom
“You're better off kipping in your car than going to this flea pit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staggering rude manager. Absolutely abysmal rooms. Total [--]. Avoid like the plague. Reception smells like mouldy mothballs and the rooms are no better. You would get a better nights sleep on the back of the horse cart that goes up and down Route 66.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Perry, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I love choice hotels but is motel/hotel is the worst place ever. They have roll up carpet outside every room. The guy that check us in suck and smelled like pot and the lobby smelled like beer. When we entered the room it smelled like perfume+smoke. The beds are just plain not comfy and its like a water bed when you lay on it. I went to the guy that check us in to cancel and refund the money because first the hotel is ugly and old and the bathroom is dirty and the guy said I can't so i ask if his manger was there but he said no so I went across the street to the other rodeway to see who's the manger was and the lady said they both own by the same manger and I said can I see your manger and she said I'm the manger and I told her everything and she said ill give you a free room at the rodeway inn and suites.

DO NOT STAY HERE IM WARNING EVERYONE WHO READS THIS REVIEW. STAY AT RODEWAY INN AND SUITES.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on line as a 2 star hotel. I would give it half a star. We were mislead by reading online reviews. It is very confusing to have two hotels a block apart with basically the same name. Seems like reviewers confuse the two. The one at 201 E RT 66 looks clean, renovated and well kept. The one 334 E RT 66 needs a very major overhaul (there was a roll of carpet sitting outside some of the rooms)as well as better lighting. This is the worst room we have seen in all our travels. When we asked about the complimentary breakfast, we were told it would be coffee and a donut. Neither my husband, myself nor either of our 2 kids would stay here after looking at the room we were assigned. The innkeeper said he would return our prepayment and then told our booking company it was non-refundable. We ended up paying for another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ganado, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I traveled with a group of men to a conference in Williams and chose to stay at this Rodeway Inn, quite frankly because of the price. Turned out to be a good decision.

The owner has had the property for a couple of years. He was very friendly and also wanted input on how to make the motel better. The room was small, but not cramped. It was clean and the bed was perfect. Got a great night's rest.

Look,, this isn't a fancy place. When the lights go out, you can't tell any difference between this motel and one with more amenities. The men in my group are already planning on staying ehre again for next year's conference. Don't think you will be disappointed in staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The people that say this hotel is "nice" or "clean" obviously reviewed the wrong hotel. Booked this so my husband & I could take our small children to the Polar Express. So disappointed!! Had to move to another hotel. The windows do not even fit correctly. There are gaps directly to the outside. The door also did not fit and the security bold had been removed. The heater blew black specks all over the bed. The toilet overflowed all over the bathroom. After the man from the front desk cleaned it up with our bathroom towels he dripped all over the carpet on the way out. Just felt overall dirty. Could not let my kids stay there. If you're like me you read the reviews and think there's a few good ones and it's inexpensive...let's give it a try. Please don't! Spend the extra money...it's worth it!! (Moved to the Econo Lodge next door...more expensive, but felt comfortable there) Hope this helps :)

• Stayed December 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

First of all the night of arrival, saw a skunk just outside the room near the so called unheated breakfast room. Second, the room looked as though it was an after thought, last one on end, very cold even w/heater. Third, the owners have a camera in the so called intercontinental breakfast room which was probably an 8x12 area, no heater, not to mention the manager said we had to eat in the breakfast area, don't forget unheated. It was below 40!! I even explained to him we are leaving now, that didn't seem to matter. He threatened to call police and of course I said call. I was shocked that Rodeway had a place like this since we stayed in a great Rodeway in Estes Park, CO. Traveler's beware of this particular. Rodeway Interprises, please check this place out!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Rodeway inn at route 66 is a small motel on historic route 66 is very clean and friendy staff also serve breakfast, free wi fi also fridge , microwave and coffee make in room . SURPRISE..!
great location and good service i will be back again, i Very much enjoyed my stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Canyon Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!