“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Escondido, California
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Inn of Williams is a first rate Best Western. Check in and check out were fast. There was plenty of parking. After checking in late in the evening, I still saw several complimentary copies of the USA Today newspaper intended for the hotel guests. All the staff I met were courteous and friendly. There was no problem when I exercised in the fitness center at midnight, even though it was posted as closing at 10:00 p.m. I stayed here on Friday night, January 18, 2013. The Christmas decorations were still up, including a beautiful Christmas tree in the dining area. What a surprise, and nice touch. The king room I stayed in was clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. You will indeed be full after eating here in the morning. If this hotel just had an elevator, it would be in the ballpark to qualify for premier status. I will definitely be staying here again when in the Williams area.

Room Tip: If you do not like to climb stairs, make sure that you reserve a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Traveling during the holidays with no reservations we found Flagstaff hotels to be full. Called and reserved the last room in this hotel. There was a mix up of overbooking but the staff went above and beyond to get us a room and one front desk member remembered my husband as a guest from three summers ago. Due to the mix up our night stay was compensated.
The room was beautifully furnished and VERY clean. The bed was very comfortable. We stayed in the handicap room on the first floor, it was close to the exit and parking. The room was very spacious.
Upon getting home, there was an additional mix up with billing but the staff handled it with no questions and great ease. Was a pleasure dealing with them, which is rare. Will definitely stay here again when driving through!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent two nights here to take the Grand Canyon Railway. Booked through a pre-pay site we arrived to find our room with two queen beds was now a King with a sofa bed. Though the gal that checked us in was not aware of the sofa bed and was going to have a rollaway brought to us. We called her from the room and informed her we could use the sofa bed but needed bedding. Apparently they are supposed to be left made up but ours was not. The room, however, was clean with fresh new carpet, bedding, and drapes. Small things were out of place though which indicated to me that housekeeping needs a bit more supervision. (I've been a hotel GM, so I speak from that perspective.) The room had no extra pillows or blankets which the front desk told us should be there. As mentioned before the sofa bed was unmade. Some of the furniture was crooked which looked sloppy. Again, small things but noticeable. Unfortunately the sofa bed was very uncomfortable and since my sister was up most of the night, I was as well. (The King bed was very comfortable, though.) In the morning we arranged with the front desk to move to a two bedded room and had to pack all our things and bring them to the desk to be stored. (Being short on time it would have been helpful to be able to leave the packed bags in the room to be moved by the hotel staff, but this didn't seem to be an option.) The young gal at the desk was very helpful and sympathetic. Our second night was much more restful for both of us. The bathrooms are okay, clean with plenty of hot water. The towels were quite rough, though. Breakfast was fine with the standard BW buffet set-up. In my view they could tighten up on some standards (maybe logo'd sweatshirts aren't the best attire for the front desk) and procedures but this hotel is a good option for affordable comfort in Williams

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am residing here currently during a winter snow storm. The staff has been more than friendly in pointing out local sites and budget-friendly restaurants. The rooms are updated, clean, and traveler friendly. It's close to the main road, right off of the exit, and next to a gas station. An overall ideal location. I have not yet seen the fitness center but the pool is seasonal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

After being on the road for two weeks, stopping at Williams was the high point of the trip. The Best Western Plus was great. I arrived early, was given room keys and settled things in the very comfortable room. Then we (me & the dogs) headed to the Grand Canyon and enjoyed the day. That evening I headed to the restaurant, which was packed. I ended up sitting in the open lounge area to dine, listening to Omar perform. The steak was the best I've had in ages. I spent years raising Black Angus beef, so I am a bit particular! Since I had complimented the chef, he came out to visit with me. The next morning I enjoyed the free breakfast. Everyone I met here was pleasant and helpful. I hope to visit here again, To see more of Williams, and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Alma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stopped here on our return trip from Las Vegas. We arrived late, with no reservation, and still were able to get a beautiful room. The inn is set back away from the interstate, on beautiful, well-maintained grounds, and is very quiet. It snowed the night we arrived there, and early the next morning the staff was out blowing the snow off the walkways and clearing the parking lot. Service at the restaurant was excellent, and guest services include a laundry room where you can wash a load of clothes. Check in and out was quick and easy. I will plan on staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atascadero, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The setting is lovely, and the rooms are nice and clean. We usually enjoy our stay at this hotel because of its in-house restaurant, cozy lounge, and generally quiet atmosphere. BUT, on Dec 2, 2012 we were so disappointed in what seemed to be a total disregard for guests. The reception desk clerk announced our room number to others waiting in line, disrespecting our privacy. We came down for a quiet drink before dinner to find the TV in the lounge blaring a kid's cartoon. I had to ask it to be turned down, but we still could not hear each other talk. So we moved to another area, where the housekeeping staff started vacuuming the lobby and stairs. (This was at 5:00 p.m.) Half-way through our drinks, we noticed no activity in the dining room and learned they had stopped dinner service on Sunday and Monday. (Why couldn't the check-in clerk have told us this?) When returned to our room after finding a place to eat dinner in town, our keys didn't work. AND - the woman was still vacuuming! After a long day of driving, this was not what we needed.

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs pool view room. Otherwise, you will have a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple