“This bed and breakfast gives the cruise ship some competition!” 5 of 5 stars

701 Quarter Horse Road, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Williams B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glendale, AZ
“This bed and breakfast gives the cruise ship some competition!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have to say that the elegance of the rooms, the cleanliness and the warm hospitality really wowed us. The host and hostess really made us feel like we were visiting friends or family rather than paying for a room. Gloria is a first rate cook and Bill is full of knowledge and stories of far away places. The antiques and artwork are a surprise on the inside, where the outside gives the feel of a rustic log home with wrap around porch. The location is nice in that it is off the main drag of Williams, but close enough to enjoy the Route 66 atmosphere. The train goes by a few times but is not loud enough to interrupt sleep or conversation. We will definitely come back, hopefully many times.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We wanted to spend time in the Grand Canyon area away from the hustle and bustle of crowds. We certainly found that at the Grand Living B&B. The room was comfortable and the breakfasts were outstanding. Bill and Gloria are gracious hosts and think of everything to make you comfortable. We will certainly stay there again if we revisit the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Grand Canyon. We stayed in the elegantly appointed Rose Room. We arrived late 10pm and were greeted by very hospitable hosts, Gloria and Bill, despite our late arrival. I woke to an amazing smell of coffee and breakfast. We ate frittata, sausage links, and biscuits with fresh marmalade. The second morning we ate baked french toast on baguette with walnuts, powdered sugar, and syrup accompanied by poached eggs with tomatoes and sausage patties. Delish! Our conversations were intriguing and the lodge is filled with artifacts, antiquities, and relics of all the country's that they have visisted. There are so many memories it makes it all the more special. It felt as if we had known them for ages. They are well educated about the area and the different sites to visit. Highly recommend. Do not listen to the bad review posted. It's not true-no shoes need to be taken off. We are members of the Select Registry, Distinguished Inn of North America-and this Inn is better than some of those that we have stayed in. Highly recommend. Do not miss.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

This was my first experience staying at a BnB and because of this experience, it won't be my last.

The hosts, Bill and Gloria, created an atmosphere about the place was very welcoming. It was more as if I was staying over with family than just staying at a hotel. The hospitality they gave was very warm and welcoming. Our hosts were easy to approach if there was something we needed or needed help with something.

The food that they served us was delicious. Although I have an allergy to bananas, they accommodated for my condition and offered me an alternative meal.

The room we stayed in was superb. We stayed in a suite which consisted of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. The rooms were always warm and cozy, which made sleeping nothing more than excellent. Some days, I just didn't want to get out of bed because it was so comfortable.

Although we didn't not many of the scenic areas around Arizona, Bill and Gloria told us of places that we could visit. Most of the best places to go were about an hour drive away.

My favorite part of the vacation was actually playing a new board game that I was taught. After spending most of the day taking in sights, I always looked forward to going back to the BnB and playing Blokus with Gloria and Bill.

• Stayed January 2010
Van Nuys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I want to share with you, my exciting, marvelous, and unforgettable experiences I encountered during my grand vacation in WILLIAMS, ARIZONA. We stayed in
GRAND LIVING - Bed & Breakfast at 701 Quarter Horse Rd. WILLIAMS,AZ 86046 . You can call them at [--]
We met the INKEEPERS, GLORIA & BILL JOB. I cannot find words to describe all the
positive character traits they possess. They are very hospitable, polite, kind and lovable people. The living room, dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen are very fragrant, clean, neat, orderly, and wide. They served delicious and different recipes.
I enjoyed the KAIBAB TRAIL on top of the mountain, and there were snow all over. We happened to see the GRAND CANYON. It became so GRAND, because it took five million years for the Colorado River to carve it, creating the largest and deepest CANYON in NORTH AMERICA. It is the eight Natural Wonder of the World.
The most beautiful chapel I’ve ever seen is the CHAPEL of the HOLY CROSS on top of the hill. There are many pretty landscapes seen from this chapel. It was situated in SEDONA,ARIZONA. There are kinds of rocks. The Coffee Pot Rock is a well known formation in Oak Creek Canyon. It has been the back- drop for many of the old- time westerns shot in Sedona in the 40’s and 50’s. The Bell Rock is also seen on Arizona Route 179 going north into SEDONA,ARIZONA. From SCHNEBLY HILL, we also viewed the
Slide Rock and the Little Snoopy Rock. We were able to went down and up to the
Walnut Canyon national monument, having 240 steps that lead to the Sinagua Cliff
Dwellings on the island trail.
One of the most beautiful spots we had seen was the Wupatki; the landscape that
shaped the lives of people 800 years ago.It was built and occupied during the 1100’s.
Another monument is the Birth of a mountain, the Sunset Crater Volcano. It erupted
sometime between 1040 and 1100. It is the most recent in a six-million-year history of volcanic activity in the Flagstaff area. On our way to Las Vegas, we saw the largest dam in the world, the Hoover Dam.That’s why I said, that my vacation was really unforgettable, magnificent, awesome and great.
We would never be able to come to all this places without the suggestions from Bill and Gloria.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My sister and I wanted to visit the Grand Canyon and our hosts BnB is only a 1/2 hr away. It's so lovely to hear the train "tooting" in the distance and the smell of Gloria's breakfast brewing in the kitchen. This BnB is a little slice of heaven on earth. The chocolate soufle was sooooooooooo good and was served with fresh fruit on lovely china. Our hostess is meticulous in everyway and the cleanliness of the entire property is above reproach. The town of Williams is so cute and our hosts were very helpfull to direct us to great sights to eat and shop. Over and over again I would return.

• Stayed May 2009
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My stay at the Grand Living was one of the best experiences I had in Arizona. It was my first time coming here, but because of the great service and warm feeling we were given by our hosts, Bill and Gloria, it might not be the last time either. The location of this place is only a short drive from Grand Canyon and Sedona.
The appearance of the inn was exquisite! They had beautiful Christmas decorations when we came there and I couldn’t take my eyes away from looking at the Christmas tree decorations because it was unique and colorful. We also had the honor to tour the entire inn, including some of the rooms that are not occupied. Each and everyone one of them has its own unique style and interior. I really wish I could turn my room into one of these rooms. Their blue room has a really nice Jacuzzi that you might want to add in your preferences if you try staying at the Grand Living. The bed and breakfast as a whole is really big and spacious. There’s a game room in this place that I have never seen other bed and breakfast offered.
We stayed at the suite for five days. The suite consists of two rooms and one bathroom. Although you have to share the bathroom, it’s big and spacious. They provide you anything you’d probably need like: shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream, a shaver, and even a make-up remover! I know for most people, when they stay at a hotel, you always wonder whether they provide you internet. Well, they have it. In the suite we stayed in, they have a table for four and outlets where you can comfortably go on your laptop to check your e-mail or search for directions how to get around Arizona (Although Bill and Gloria is also very familiar of the place, they gave us tips how to make use of our five days. I didn’t even know some of the place they suggest us to go existed and it was fabulous!) We have two guys with us who doesn’t want to share the same bed; luckily, one of the rooms has a sofa bed! Gloria provided us extra pillows and comforters for it.
Gloria and Bill do their best to meet the needs of their occupants. Breakfast is served at a certain time, but because we had a long drive from California on the first day, we had an opportunity to sleep in and woke up to a gourmet breakfast. I am actually studying to be a chef and I have to admit, judging by my skills, that Gloria’s breakfast is really delicious.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Grand Living Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!