“fun ride on the side by side” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 18 Attractions in Williams
Type: Canyons, Outdoors
13 attraction reviews
“fun ride on the side by side”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we often camp in the Kaibab Forest outside of Williams. We have driven our quads and now our ranger to take fellow campers to Sycamore Canyon. It is beautiful and a fun ride to get there. It is dirt road, so be prepared for dust or mud, but if you don't mind getting a little dirty, it's a fun ride to a beautiful spot. Pack a small cooler with snacks and drinks or a picnic, as it takes awhile to get there and you will enjoy the break once you arrive. YOU WILL NEED WATER ON THIS RIDE.

Visited August 2014

25 attraction reviews
“off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The views of the Canyon are really cool. I had a group of young people here and I was nervous as they jumped around on the rocks on the cliffs. Very cool place I wish I had brought my binoculars. I road my mountain bike in on the main road about ten miles from White Horse Lake where we stayed. Pretty scenery. I will do more research next time so I will know where the trails are.

Visited February 2014
Mesa, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Great Place To ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really fun place to go try to go early as there will be less people shooting on the ranges and the heat will get to you drink plenty of water! Lower sycamore is probably the best part to be in there is not much for shooting ranges down there to worry about and there is a nice stream to keep you cool and BBQing makes it all the better. My suggestion is always go with someone that can pull you out if you get stuck don't go alone it can be a long time before someone finds your gone because there is no cell phone reception if you get stuck or hurt to be able to call anyone. But otherwise a great place to go and have fun!

Visited March 2014
Flagstaff AZ
5 attraction reviews
“Put on your Hiking boots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Hit the trails of Sycamore Canyon. This could be a short hike or all day. Many different types of vegetation, ruins, remnants of historic dwellings. Explore.

Visited November 2013
“North of the Red Rocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We camp in Kaibab National forest and several times a year we go to Sycamore Point to see the Canyon. Great views, shear cliffs, and wide vista.

Visited August 2013