“Delicious Ice Cream; Large Portions” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Twisters is a Route 66 original building built in 1926. The original Texaco gas station has been converted into Twisters garage bar. Our bar carries 17 beers, and 3 wines on tap, some of Arizona's best local brews. The restaurant serves some of the best steaks in Northern Arizona along with great 50's food.
Fort Worth
“Delicious Ice Cream; Large Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My two teens thoroughly enjoyed the icecream at Twisters, while I happily looked for and found pretty postcards and reasonably priced souvenirs on their racks.

Visited August 2012

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“no ice cream”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

the burger was good the fries are good but could not get a malt at an ice cream shop for they where out of ice cream???? did not go back to see if they ever got any in. I would have gone the the store in town and bought some if it where my place

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Overpriced, this might be a good spot for foreigners who need Americana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

To put this review in perspective, you have to consider where this is. Williams, AZ is a town that exists only, as far as I can tell, because of the Grand Canyon Railway that takes people to the grand canyon. Everything in this area is overpriced. Even gas prices are jacked up at all the stations. That's just how it is, expect the prices to be higher than they should be.

As to the food, it's average. We got a burger, chicken basket, fries, a shake and a sundae. The sundae was pretty good but when have you ever had a bad sundae?

The place is a 50's retro diner and has kitchy 50's stuff everywhere. If you're the US , you've seen all this stuff at the other million 50's diners or at Fuddruckers or somewhere. It's ubiquitous.

The only people I would recommend this place to are foreigners. The ones I saw there got a kick out of the place and liked taking photos of everything.

If you're starving and you're in Williams, this isn't the worst place I'm sure.

Visited August 2012
Williams, AZ
“Great steaks!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stopped in here after a long day at work, craving a good steak. Many of the other places around Williams are either hit and miss with their quality, or very expensive. I didn't even know Twisters did steak, until my roommate told me about a steak he had the week before. Sat at the very cool bar area and was served quickly. All of their beers are on tap, no bottled beers here. I had a Blue Moon and it was very good. Ordered the 12oz Ribeye, and it comes with a side salad or soup (I opted for the salad) and shoestring fries. At first I thought it was kind of goofy having fries with a steak, but Twisters shoestring fries are hand down the best in Williams. Both the ribeye and fries were absolutely perfect. Normally I dip my fries in ketchup, ranch, or thousand island, but these fries didn't need anything. As for the steak, it was cooked absolutely perfectly. Asked for medium rare, and that's what I got. Just like the fries, normally I like my steaks with A1, but this steak was very juicy and didn't need any "third party" influence whatsoever.

Also, chatted with a couple of the employees who actually read my previous review (I think it's fantastic when employees seek out feedback on sites like this, shows they truly care about service), and they said that they had implemented some changes to the ice cream procedure to provide faster service than what I had gotten the last time I was here. I normally give 4 out of 5 stars if everything is good, and save that extra star for above and beyond service. Hearing how they truly value customer feedback earned them that fifth star from me.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Earth, Texas
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This place is overrated. Our dinner (burger and salad) was average at best. Obviously you can not expect decent food in this area.

• Visited July 2012