“Clean and friendly motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge On Route 66

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Williams
The Lodge On Route 66
You added The Lodge On Route 66 to your Saves list
200 East Route 66, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Muenster, Germany
“Clean and friendly motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We arrived in Phoenix in the late afternoon and drove about three hours to the lodge motel. It's a decent motel, very clean,with friendly staff. continental breakfast includes a waffle maker, fruits, yoghurt, toast, oatmeal, tea, coffee and orange juice. Great choice!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Howden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Lodge on Route 66 is an excellent place to stay if you are spending time in the lovely little town of Williams. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and the standards of cleanliness are high. The staff are pleasant and helpful, and a reasonable breakfast is provided each day. The motel is well placed for the attractions in Williams, and is easily recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

extremely friendly staff, always accommodating and had excellent recommendations for restaurants and activities. room was clean and cozy. the continental breakfast was great every morning and it was very cool seeing the variety of travelers that come from all over the world to see the Grand Canyon! loved our stay at the Lodge!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I typically only review properties to which I'm moved to give a five-star rating and The Lodge on Route 66 is no exception. I had the great fortune to meet the owners of the Lodge while visiting Williams and they proudly showed me photos of of both The Lodge on Route 66 and The Rodeway Inn Downtowner (located across the street) as they were being painstakingly remodeled from the aging properties that they once were to what they are now. What the owners of The Lodge and the Downtowner have achieved is nothing short of awe-striking. They took aging motels and turned them into Old Route 66 gems, providing comfort and unexpected luxury. The attention to detail at these properties is the work of master restorationists. I stayed at the Lodge, but always walked by the Downtowner transfixed by the restoration. The rooms at the Lodge are upscale, refined, and well thought out with a microwave and high quality fridge in every room. I had a suite and was not disappointed. It was spacious and well-appointed and homey, and frankly, I was sad to leave. I always thought I had the most comfortable bed at home, but the beds here were much more comfortable and outfitted with smart Coleman blankets and high thread sheets, and I had the best sleep I've had in a long time. The rooms are done in beautiful earth tones and the bed frames are made of handsome, hand-crafted woods. The bed sheets were crisp and had a fresh-air smell to them and I loved the heavenly scent of the shampoo supplied called Desert Bloom. My two-room suite had a flat screen TV in both rooms and excellent wifi strength. The sitting chairs in the room were extremely comfortable for TV watching or playing a game of cards. The shower was as excellent as everything else at this property. Breakfast, served in a warm and comforting sit-down eating area with comfy chairs, is complimentary with the room and offers scrumptious make-your-own waffles and high quality syrup, yogurt, cereals, fruit, and juices to get you ready for the day. The reception area is inviting, quaint, and teeming with character, from the carved wood bear on the reception desk to the photos of Route 66 in earlier days. Decorations and art work throughout the property are enchanting and there are even witty quips carved into wood placards, showing off the owners' sense of humor. Before going into a life in the arts, I was front office supervisor of the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, a hotel brand synonymous with quality and luxury and excellent service. I give a Waldorf-Astoria stamp of approval to this excellent property which is a sight and place not to be missed if you want to explore Route 66 in style and comfort. Williams, where the Lodge is situated, is one of the most enchanting American towns I've visited and this property contributes to the charm of the town. Just down the block is Wild West Junction, which is like a Western movie set, where you can meet the greatest people. Also just down the block is the Red Raven restaurant, which had the best filet mignon and seafood ever and a great place to take your lady or guy if you're on a romantic getaway. If this review seems like a rave, it is. If you want a more special and unique visit to nearby Grand Canyon, stay at the Lodge on Route 66, see Williams, and relive a bit of American history in one of the most charming places I've ever stayed. The owners of the Lodge aim to please. Do not miss the experience of staying there. I want to go back now.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, you will not be disappointed, and don't miss the waffles at breakfast time. Vis...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
st.louis,mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a unique and pleasant stay we had at The Lodge in February. Last minute trip to The Grand Canyon found us in Williams AZ at 6PM without lodging. A phone call to the Lodge was answered by a pleasant young lady at the front desk who couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. They had a small suite available named the St.Louis room which we found very ironic since that is where we are from. It was very nicely furnished with charming details making it very comfortable after a day of travel. We walked to a nearby restaurant for a great dinner and stroll down historic Route 66 before retiring to a very comfortable bed. Enjoyed a free breakfast in the morning before heading to The Grand Canyon.
Free parking, internet, and breakfast plus the charm of historic Route 66 made it a great experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My sister, daughter and I shared a room at the Lodge while visiting the Grand Canyon early last June. We were taking the Grand Canyon Railroad to the canyon the next day and this lodge was very convenient to the train. We were amazed at just how luxurious our room was. The beds were divine. Williams is a very small town and The Lodge is located in its heart. We walked to a nearby restaurant for a wonderful dinner and shopped for Route 66 souvenirs at the adjacent shops. Breakfast the next morning was so welcomed and the hot waffles, sausage, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. was over the top. After breakfast, we relaxed in the outdoor seating area. The staff was amazing. I'd definitely stay at The Lodge again given the opportunity. Sadly, The Lodge spoiled us. Moving from this hotel to the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel the next evening was an immense let-down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Camano Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here, in February, with my dog. It was clean and well maintained. The people are awesome. I will definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it. My dog loved it too. It's across the street from restaurants. Mary Ann Stein

Room Tip: With my dog, they gave me a room away from everyone. It was great. My dog loved it
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Lodge On Route 66? Share your experiences!