“Decent touristy diner” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
South Jersey
“Decent touristy diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stopped at The Cruisers Cafe last week. Despite it's obvious touristy setting, the service was quick and burgers not bad at all. Though advertised as a 1/2 lb. burger a good portion must have cooked off, which was ok and left a significant meal. As others have mentioned the restaurant fills with smoke due to an outdoor fireplace...It wasn't a problem and cleared up quickly...actually it added a bit to the experience..I took advantage of a 10% discount offer for Cruisers from the motel we were staying at ...

• Czech first
Thornton, Colorado
“Good food, atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We (husband, 8 year old and 5 year old and me) visited Cruisers Café 66 on March 23. With 2 kids and a day at Grand Canyon under our belt, we were tired and hungry. Since seeing the movie Cars, my son knows about Route 66 so we decided to stop here. Great décor--even the bathrooms were interestingly done to stay with the theme.

Our server, Mychal Dennison, was great. He was great with the kids, came back several times to make sure we had everything we needed and made some great suggestions. BBQ was really good. Portions were bigger than expected. My husband and I split some ribs and ordered an extra set of sides.

The only criticism would be that the kids meals were a bit higher price point than other similar restaurants.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auburn, Washington
“great beer, service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A relaxing stop where you can enjoy a variety of food and the good beer from the Grand Canyon Brewery. Their shop adjacent to the restaurant is full of Route 66 memorabilia if you are so inclined.

Visited March 2014
Devon, United Kingdom
“Quality & quantity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a fun place to eat, live music and good food. The burgers have to be the very best I have ever eaten. Also delicious sweet potatoes fries. Good service reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Lacks Consistency (Follow-up review)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is not the first time that I have been to Cruisers Cafe. The first time, last November, is reviewed elsewhere, consider this a follow-up.

My friend and I pulled into Williams. Being from Russia, I thought that a visit to Cruisers was in order since we were in that part of Arizona. Both of us ordered the BBQ Brisket sandwich. I have had this dish before and always considered it very good. When it was served I did notice some significant differences not just from the last time but between our two plates.

Mine was served with less than two ounces of briskets, in fact there barely enough to cover the bottom of the bun. My friend's sandwich, while not piled high, had significantly more. Both sandwich's suffered from a lack of sauce so ask for more as it is very flavorful. Both top buns were dried out, both bottom buns were soggy.

I was served enough regular french fries to fit in a good sized handful. My friend had ordered the sweet potato fries (which were excellent!) and received enough to fill a basket and were pretty much falling off the late there were so many.

Cruisers is the type of restaurant that you go to for the experience first and the food second. I recommend their burgers as they have always been superb as are their shakes.