“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Williams
Ventura, CA
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Inn is located right in downtown Williams and in walking distance to everything in town. My room was small but clean and the bed was very comfortible. The bathroom was small but plenty of room for me. The breakfast was offered in the main office and was a continental style breakfast; muffins, banna's, do-nuts, etc. It's located right between the two main streets in town so there was some traffic noise but I never travel without ear plugs, so they took care of any noise. I really liked the decor, it made me feel like I was at grandma's house. I was very confortible and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

First I have to say the thing I loved most was the staff. The lady who serves the breakfast I think her name is Judy was so friendly and helpful. She answered all of my questions and helped me make my stay in Williams amazing. The cleaning lady was also very sweet we needed extra towels and she.ran down and got them for us. The decor is very cute it make you feel at home. Breakfast is served across the street, which was not bad just a short walk. The rooms are small but it is a BNB after all. I give it a 9!

• Stayed October 2012
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Enjoyed our stay ~ our room was a bit small but very clean and the bathroom facilities were also very clean. Quality for what we paid and was located the closest to the Grand Canyon North Rim without having to pay enormous lodging fees at other locations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bewdley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stopped in this inn after a long drive from Las Vegas and was using it as a base to see the Grand Canyon.

There was plenty of parking by the inn and on the street outside. My room was on the second floor up a steep set of stairs. It was nicely decorated with wood flooring and a comfortable bed. One nice touch was a fridge. The bathroom was small, consisting of a bath/shower and toilet, with the washbasin in the room.

Wifi was supposed to be available, but I could not connect at any time.

Breakfast is served in the inn across the street and offers bagels, fruit and cereals.

I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed one night in Canyon Country Inn. We arrived late after sunset and the first surprise was that the light switch did not work. We had to search in the dark for a lamp (there was no ceiling lamp) and realized that it was not plugged in. The next search was for a socket in the wall, which was hidden somewhere deep under the table, so finally thereafter we had light... :-)
The room was very small with a surprisingly big and nice bathroom. There was no closet, just four hangers at the wall. Everything looked very clean and well maintained.
The main reason I gave only three stars was the sleep quality: the bed was very soft and loud - every time I moved, it was squeaking. Furthermore our room was right next to the main road (route 66), which got slightly busy in the morning and the windows did not attenuate much of the noise.
The breakfast was very simple, continental (toast, bagels, jam, creme cheese, yogurt) - the usual standard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We only had one night here. The room is well arranged and very clean with nice decor. but it is a bit to small. It is very short walk to town centre which is so historical and full of 'Route 66' signs. It is the best choice for us. We drove from Grand Canyon west, and the next morning about 5am to the south rim, so we did not have breakfast which is free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent one night here in room "O" the owners quarters, queen bed, nicely remodeled bathroom which was roomy but neither the sink nor the shower/tub had very good water pressure, barely enough to shower with. Room was clean, staff was friendly, the included continental breakfast was served across the street in a sister property. This fact not revealed in the web site info, depending upon the weather this could be a problem. Rating poor due to water pressure and across the street breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Canyon Country Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!