“Perfect Camping Adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Circle Pines KOA Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Circle Pines KOA Campground
1000 Circle Pines Road, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Belmont Shore, California
“Perfect Camping Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just returned from a 7 night stay in one of the KOA single room Kabins at this KOA. We enjoyed ever minute of our time at this KOA and will plan on staying again should we venture to the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas again.
Everyone was friendly, check in was a breeze and they where very helpful and accomodating the whole time. Gave us good local info on nice hikes to go on, what good restaurants we should go to. The Kabins we stayed in where at the back of the property and faced the forest behind us- which was a great view everytime we stepped outside our kabin. the only draw back was that you could hear the freeway noise from the place as it sits very close to highway 40. Still, we did not mind that at all. it was a great central location to do all of the local sites. while we were there we visited; Grand Canyon, Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon, Waputuki Indian Ruins, Walnut Canyon Indian Ruins, Meteor Crater and Bearizona. this was a great central, in expensive way to see all of these sites which where all within about 1 hr of this KOA.

Room Tip: Choose a spot at the back of the property, which is the least busy. Use the showers/bathrooms that...

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is by far one of the best RV parks we have ever visited. Excellent location near Grand Canyon, Its circle design makes it very attractive.

All their associates are great. I read about the train noise, and my kids were thinking that the noise would wake them up... Contrary to that, they even said that the noise made them feel better!. I am planning to return many times.

Ample and well maintained spaces, Very beautiful.

We went just for the Grand Canyon experience, but we regret not spending more time in the park, which by itself is gratifying.

Next time we will spend one or two more nights just to enjoy the park itself.

Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I took my family of four on a road trip from California to Oklahoma and we found that we enjoyed staying in KOA Kamping Kabins more than motels. Though we often enjoy tent camping, it is nice not to have to deal with setting up and taking down the tent when on the move and driving long distances. I would be reluctant to consider tent camping at this property. Like most KOA's, the tent sites are crowded together and offer no privacy. We stayed at this KOA both going and coming back home. This particular KOA has many features that my children enjoyed- indoor pool, nice playgrounds, hayride and a mining activity that was a big hit. Restroom facilities were quite clean, as is typical of KOA. The cafe was convenient for breakfast as we were on the move in a small vehicle and didn't have a lot of food with us. I didn't fully appreciate how well the food was prepared until a dismal breakfast the following day at hotel in Albuquerque. It would have been nice if the store carried more food items, though. I suppose the lack of food items might be to encourage campers to eat at the cafe. As with many other KOA's, and many other private RV parks, this property is near a major highway and there is a lot of road noise. Being close to I-40 was convenient for us, though. I did have one negative experience on the return trip, which was without a reservation, and is echoed in other reviews, and that was that the staff was unwilling to allow me to change our Kabin assignment. Even though it is not possible to reserve specific sites, they apparently assign specific sites to reservations and inflexibly will not reassign them. This policy is too rigid and does not generate good will. It left enough a bad taste for me that I will consider other options next time I am traveling through the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Cirlcle Pines KOA is a very clean and pretty campground....right off of I 40 and backs to the forest. The campground is clean, the bathrooms and showers were kept clean and they have camping escorts around to help with anything. We had trouble unhitching and they helped us and then because we had a new trailer, they helped us with the dumping process. Very helpful and friendly. They have a tent area and cabins with a dishwashing station, store, laundry, and pool. They have activities for kids and bike riding station. A little cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with hamburgers/camping type food with reasonalbe prices. We were able to get a AAA discount. Check out is 11 am with a fee after that and a full day charge after 1pm. The only negative is the highway noise, especially in the front of the campground which is where the tenting area is. We walked the whole campground several times and it seemed that you could hear the noise everywhere, even up in the nicer spots backing to the forest. Just kind of takes away from the nice woodsy setting. Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to this. Otherwise, a great campground with helpful and friendly staff....just what you expect from a KOA.

Room Tip: Get a spot towards the back of the campground if able, backing to the forest.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have only stayed at two koas before, one I had a reservation, this one I did not so I was a "newbie" at late night registration. We arrived around 11pm and left at 2am...all we wanted as a safe place to rest for a bit and use of the wi fi and electricity. The wi fi password is only available when they are open. The jacuzzi was broken; even though it was past hours so I could not use it, I felt bad for the guests that could have. Also the soda machine was broken. I was charged $55 for my stay, an entire 3 hour stay which infuriates me. I feel I should have been given a discount, as non KOAs would have done. My only compliment is that the campsite, lodge, and grounds were very beautiful, lots of things offered during open hours.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We visit Circle Pines at least 5 times a summer---we really enjoy it. The one thing that does bother me, is the fact that they treat you like a first timer everytime we register. For the amount of time we visit, I would think they would say, "welcome back."
The I-40 is close, but earplugs at night work wonders. Most campers at this site are family appropriate during the evening hours. The site is so close to all other amenities and adventures.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Dear KOA Campers,
I stayed on a special deal and I forgot to remind the office staff when I checked in. After staying for 6 days, the office staff and owner-Lori, was very nice in hearing me out.I thought that I would have to get ready for a battle---thinking they were not going to honor the special. Turns out I was wrong because they did. I was refunded the difference. What nice people here. Especially the owner. I am very happy and surprised by the nice owner Lori-who very kindly without any arguing gave me a refund for my stay based on the special that I forgot to announce when I arrived for check-in. Thank you again Lori.
----------------HAVE FUN & STAY HERE ! ---------------------
I am looking forward to my next stay at Circle Pines KOA. Here at this campground is fun onto itself. There are many things to do here alone; swim, hot tubbing, playgrounds, game-room with lots of games, rent DVD's and so much more!
Also, the awesome attractions surrounding this KOA is amazing. The office staff is nice in helping you gain information that you need in planning your trip to the Grand Canyons. I am going to make another trip here! Take my advice and stay here. You will have an memory of a lifetime.
Thank you Circle Pines KOA - Presidential Winner year after year!!

Room Tip: Sites 104 - 118 are awesome!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Circle Pines KOA Campground? Share your experiences!