“Give this place a miss!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Czech, Swedish
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Wirral
“Give this place a miss!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff were tripping over themselves to ensure we ate there. Too much really. Food expensive, lukewarm and terrible attention from staff when wife complained. Her honest feedback was met with derision and sneers. DO NOT EAT HERE. YOUVE BEEN WARNED FOLKS

Visited June 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Bad choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

While arriving in Williams, Arizona, my family and I were looking for a nice little place to dine. We should have checked the menus first but as soon as we entered, we were seated. A young man came and asked us what we wanted to drink. Someone took a local beer, ''Bush'' (5$!) and someone else and myself took two glasses of water. (Bottled. 1.95$ each!) We didn't have time to look at the menu and didn't understand the ''specials'' explained to us. The prices were high and the food was OK to mediocre for the price, considering we didn't eat real BBQ. Without wanting to sound rude, I don't know if their staff is even properly qualified to do their job. The total for us three was 65$, which included BBQ ribs (small plate, eatable), hamburger (O.K - only mustard on the table), two ''on the house'' tomato soups (Very surprising, good seasoning, fine - which were 5$ each and weren't ''on the house''). We aren't fussy eaters and just wanted something good for the buck. We were disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Similar to other reviewers, we had a long day at the Grand Canyon and decided on Ivo's for a late meal. We both ordered burgers which supposedly came on 'home made bread'. Not sure who's home it was made at but not Ivo's! More like Safeway at the other end of town.
We also had a similar issue to other people with our request for water. "We don't drink the tap water here; it's got sediment in it." So we paid far too much for bottled water and found out later we were conned. There are other, much better value restaurants in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, Arizona, United States
“Attitude is Big Part of the Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days in Williams for our anniversary. On the first day we had decided on a restaurant. While walking past Ivo's we stopped to look at what they had on the menu. I told the man at the entrance that we were looking because we wanted to find a place for one of our other nights in town, but we already had decided for that night on another place. He kept pushing to know where we were going to eat that night. Finally I told him and he just goes off about how bad their food is and how Ivo's is much better. The attitude he gave us about not eating all our meals at Ivo's and how much we would hate the other place was a big enough turn off that we decided not to eat at Ivo's any of the 4 nights. The place we did eat at was the Italian Bistro and the food and service was excellent. Perhaps the food at Ivo's is good, but with the attitude at the door we will never know. One last thing to comment on is we heard people who had eaten at Ivo's tell us that they enjoyed the food, but the service was pretty rude.

“Rude...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am a local and ate there when it first opened and ordered a BBQ pork sandwich which wasn't even a sandwich because that would mean it had bread. I asked for bread considering it was a sandwich and the owner got angry and said it was against his culture to serve it with bread because it was lunch time and not dinner which is apparently the only time they eat bread??? He then charged me $2.00 for one slice of nasty bland bread. Yea never again. Then a few days ago I over heard his son telling people in the circle K to go eat there it is the best food in town and not to go to any other restaurants because they are dirty...being how I had just gotten off work at a neighbor restaurant after the son and a friend were just in harassing us because we were closed I felt very insulted...very rude young boys. I suggest the owner keep them at home.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere