The Comfort Inn was... well, comfortable, but with some caveats. It's just outside the town of Williams, so you'll have to walk further than usual to the town's center where most of the points of interest are. It is however right near a Safeway, so grocery shopping is convenient and quick. Since traffic was light during the time I visited, it was easy to get around using my rental.
I found the room comfortable but the bathroom especially small, that ever so common bane of hotel stays where the door closes inward and almost bangs against the toilet, leaving you with a claustrophobic feeling.
The dining table is arranged away from electrical outlets, making plugging and recharging my Apple gadgets inconvenient and a bit of an annoyance. The table top is also made of ceramic and hence difficult to use a mouse on. You find very quickly that they don't really pay close attention to the needs of those either traveling on business or who need office space to spread out their laptops, tablets and other geeky gadgets on.
If that wasn't enough, the WiFi was also a source of major irritation, not because the connection was poor, but because they used filtering software to BLOCK access to various sites, including Netflix, Hulu, (even Apple's iTunes and App Store??!?!) They offered higher tier connections for $5 and $15 respectively, but it gave no indication whether coughing up the cash would allow unfiltered access to the internet as well, just faster speeds.
You know, I've been traveling pretty extensively for over 4 years. While I've had no lack of WiFi issues, I have NEVER run into a hotel that restricted access to the internet the way this hotel did. I had been looking forward to watching a few shows on Hulu to decompress, so this was a very rude surprise for me.
Williams is a lovely town, and after a nightmarish experience in Tusayan (the closest town before reaching the Grand Canyons) I would wholeheartedly recommend using this town as the platform to visit the Canyons, even if it requires a 60 mile drive. But for those who live and breathe by their gadgets, I would recommend looking elsewhere in town for a more tech friendly hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon Hotel
- Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon Hotel Williams
- Comfort Inn Williams
- Williams Comfort Inn
- Williams Country Inn
- Country Inn Williams
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For your trip to the Grand Canyon, you can ensure it will be a success by booking our train package tour at the Grand Canyon Country Inn. Take in Sights and Sounds of the Grand Canyon National Park. Interesting Day Trips in Incredibly Beautiful Surroundings! We make all the necessary arrangements for the Amazing Tours on the Railway! Situated in Williams Arizona, 56 miles from Grand Canyon National Park. The perfect lodging spot for the vacation of your dreams! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Choice Hotels, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.