“Not thrilled with Bearizona” 3 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #2 of 18 Attractions in Williams
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
More attraction details
Owner description: Also look at www.facebook.com/bearizona for more pictures, visitor comments, and other information. Thanks.
Hamilton, Virginia
61 attraction reviews
“Not thrilled with Bearizona”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The price is steep at $20/adult & $10/kid over age 4. We arrived just after lunchtime (around 1pm) and were not thrilled with what we saw. Most of the animals were sleeping. The temps were in the mid-upper 50s, you think they would have been a little more active. Two bears were fighting - that was kind of cool to see. But, other than that - you get more from a zoo at a lower price.
We did see the Raptor show & that was cool. The kids loved seeing the birds fly right over their heads. The woman who was leading the show had a great personalilty and was funny. The kids were laughing about the rats and the skunk that appeared during the show. The Raptor show made up for the drive through Bearizona.
All in all, this was an over-priced zoo with not too many animals to see. I see why it's the #1 activity in Williams - there isn't that much in the small town to do. But, it certainly can be skipped over and not missed.

Manhattan Beach
“It's Like Jurassic Park in Our World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Okay….what kid, or human, doesn’t wanna see wild animals mere feet from your car? Yes...you in your car...them in their own....land. Driving through Bearizona in your car is so exciting, you almost feel like you are in Jurassic Park, except there are no dinosaurs. Yet.

Beaizona is right off the highway between Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon….so you can’t miss this place! And if you do, you have to stop, find where you are and then get there.

It's not just a zoo, Bearizona is an adventure!

Laurie's Travel TIPS: Bearizona has two parts: Driving and walking. Don’t do the Driving part when the animals are hot, lazy or sleeping – or you will be too. So make sure when you arrive you tell them you want to do the walking part first. They will let you ...you just have to ask, otherwise, they direct you to drive thru first. So ASK.

You'll park and go to the walk-through’ part of Bearizona FIRST and THEN head back to do the drive thru part after 2 or 3pm. But to be honest...the closer you can go to dusk (before they close) the better. The animals can get down right silly. Think about you just before happy hour?

We had so much fun....I made a video...(because I want my own travel show! And since I don't know how to get one...I'm pretending!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQa6Puz48k - Look for two things. 1) a conversation I had with a baby bear. They CAN talk. 2) Well....watch this video till the end! I promise you'll have a giggle. (and I never promise)

I took photos...but I'm not that organized and I couldn't even tell you where I put them.

Visited April 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Really not much to see”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Grand Canyon. The outside signs and displays were nice. My kids, ages 7, 10 and 13 were rather bored by Bearizona. Buffalo, sleeping wolves, sheep, etc. weren't that exciting. The bears were cool to see. The highlight were the baby bears in the incubator. Staff seemed friendly. We were in and out in 30 minutes.

Prescott, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
“Worth a Side Trip from Grand Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Tucked among a pine forest, both drive and walk through sights. Arranged fencing so you're sure to see all the animals. Friendly staff willing to answer questions. Limited to animals of North America, but since many are hard to see in the wild this is the second best option.

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“This was fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We came here on our way out of Williams after a 2-day visit to see the Grand Canyon. It was a very nice morning. We had way more fun than we expected, to be honest. The staff were all very nice, the animals all looked healthy and happy. The drive-through part was cool. They had baby bear cubs in an incubator in the gift shop and young bears in the Bear Kindergarten area that were wrestling and climbing trees.

We were 2 grownups. no kids, and we enjoyed it. It has a cool quirkiness to it; for example, there's a lot of old buses on the property and the uses they are being put to is almost art. I was taking pictures of the buses and the animals!