The Canyon Railway Hotel has the charm of a small family-owned motel from the 40s/50s, and is very clean and well run. Updated fixtures, paint, and ceiling fans show the owners care about the property - BUT - when we stayed there (mid June) we were told at check in that the A/C didn't work and to 'open the windows and let the fresh mountain air cool the room'. The room finally cooled down about 1am (ventilation was one window in the front of the room. The room and beds were small (remember the 50s? Queen and King beds hadn't become popular yet) but there was a small fridge and a microwave (nice!). My advice: make sure ALL advertised items in the room are functioning when you make the reservation. Also, bring your own normal necessities like tissues, blow dryer, and shampoo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historical hotel named after a member of a Spanish expedition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway