I spent a few nights here in 2001 and thought it was suitable for the price; that's no longer the case. I'm not sure why hotels in this tiny town are so ridiculously expensive, but they are mostly upwards of $200/night. We booked the "deluxe" room. Entering the lobby, we noted the entire lobby area was cordonned off with yellow tape and plastic tarps. In essence, there was no lobby, just a small passageway to the front desk. Check in was smooth and the girl was friendly. Our "deluxe "room did not appear that deluxe to me. The toilet immediately overflowed, prompting a return trip to the front desk. While in the process of changing rooms, I asked how the deluxe room differed from the standard rooms. The reply was almost humorous - the deluxe rooms have a flat screen TV and a mini refrigerator. Who knew I'd been living in a "deluxe" house for 15 years? Certainly the extra $35/night did not merit these "deluxe" amenities. The furniture was well worn, carpet was dirty, and lighting practically non-existent.
The morning following our check in, we noticed our room keys did not work in the pool area. When I called the front desk, I was told that was because our record only had us down for a one night stay. I informed the front desk had paid for 3 nights in advance. She asked me for "proof," as if I were lying to her. Fortunately I had saved a copy of the email for her "proof." She seemed genuinely shocked I was correct on the matter. The beds were comfortable and we slept well, but not $235/night well. Noting many newer properties have sprung up in Williams, I won't be returning to this particular property. All in all, it was a comedic cacophony of errors and sloppy mistakes, not meriting this price point.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historical hotel named after a member of a Spanish expedition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Olotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.