Until I realized this hotel was designed after the early Sante Fe RR Tourist hotels, I was a little disappointed with the appearance. but they have tried hard in the lobby areas with beautiful pictures and woodwork to bring out that feel. Check in person worked to get us a quiet room. The rooms need something more decor somehow, but it was comfortable. The heater was a little noisy but much better than some. The breakfast buffet service was good, price included juice and coffee, the food choices were plentiful and included a made to order egg station. You can go continental smaller across the hall. The friendliness and caring of all the Xanterra staff to make the stay and train trip enjoyable was noted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historical hotel named after a member of a Spanish expedition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway