“Instant coffee?” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
London, United Kingdom
“Instant coffee?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Coffee was terrible! I know it was fresh brewed but I have had better instant coffees.

Visited December 2011

Phoenix, Arizona
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Anna (the owner) is such a sweetheart. The food here is like eating over a friends place. LOVE!

Visited December 2011
“Sweet local place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Just stopped for coffee. Food looked good for breakfast. I would revisit when I'm in Williams.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England
“Not a tourist trap!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Years ago, driving to the Grand Canyon, I used to drive straight through Williams because it seemed to be full of scruffy pickup trucks and people who couldn't drive. I used to call it a 'one horse town where the horse had died'.

Well, more fool me. My wife and I properly discovered Williams in 2009 and fell hook, line and sinker. The pickups are driven by people who work for a living and the bad drivers are (oops) tourists like us. Plus the town is charming and deserves time spent here. Also, it's on Route 66 y'all.

En route from the grand Canyon South Rim, we stopped for breakfast after watching the train pull out and getting our Route 66 passport from the Visitor Center. We saw the GCCC and stepped into a warm, genuine local eatery with a nice buzz.

Apart from the breakfasts themselves, which were well-priced and generous (my biscuit and gravy 'special' at $7.45 came on TWO plates - check the photo), the banter was great with staff and locals alike. We learned a lot about the immediate area, about Sedona and about Jerome - stuff you just could not get in Lonely Planet and definitely not with the same wit and genuine love. Yes, I said love.

We were in there well over an hour and a half and it was some of the best time we spent in the whole trip. This is not a tourist trap - it's a real place and you'll neither be lured in nor given a cold shoulder. Just imagine you're a local and get stuck in! Wear comfy trousers...

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“quick stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Nice staff and good selection, coffee, and snacks-always a line though so be prepared

Visited October 2011