Waidroka Bay was recommended to me when I was in the planning stages of my Fiji trip. My first research turned up some really negative posts, which made me nervous. But these were all older and under different management.
I am SO glad I chose Waidroka Bay for my stay!
My trip was primarily for a mission, but I couldn't travel all that way and not dive, so as a solo female traveler, I was looking for a few days of awesome diving before meeting up with the mission team. Julie and Darryl took me in like family and showed me the most fabulous underwater life I've ever seen. They clearly know their business. Safety was first rate - I always felt well taken care of - even when coming upon a school of barracuda or hangin' out 15 ft from big bull sharks! (You CANNOT miss the shark dive if you go here!) As awesome as the diving was, it was only slightly better than the stories Darryl would tell. Gotta love the Kiwis!
Make no mistake, this is a dive and surf destination spot. There are no swim-up bars and no night life. No sandy beach to lounge on, but a lovely pool a and hammocks on the lawn provide sufficient relaxation. There is also a wonderful yoga pagoda if that's your thing, and massage available with some coordination. (I didn't take the time out of the water to try that out.)
The food was great, though more like staying with family than dining in a four star restaurant. The staff were all lovely. I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu