I stayed at Waidroka Bay in June/July. I chose the resort because it looked like a comfortable place to stay and would provide access to good, empty waves. The resort is indeed comfortable and the Fijian staff are wonderful. The view from to hotel is absolutely amazing. However, don't be fooled! This is not a world class surf resort! The surf guide, Gil, is an Israeli kid who is nice enough but does not know the breaks very well and is not a very experienced surfer. We spent the week boating around to barely surfable reefs and often times Gil would leave the inexperienced surfers alone, getting pummeled on the reef. He often dropped in on the less experienced surfers and snaked a lot of waves. When we went to Frigates, they dumped the surfers on some random island and told us we had to wait there while the scuba divers did their last dive. We were on this little island for about 2 hours and had no idea what was going on! Not to mention the surf was terrible (despite Gil insisting it would be pumping). I couldn't help but feel that the management didn't care if we scored good waves, they just wanted the $75 ($95 for frigates). If you are not an experienced surfer and you don't have high expectations, Waidroka Bay is an okay place. If you are on a short holiday and want to get perfect waves, I would highly recommend staying somewhere in Nadi. The winds are much more favorable and the waves are much more consistent. The Coral Coast is more sheltered from swell and the trades howl onshore at most of the reefs. If you do decide that you want to stay on the Coral Coast to surf, go during the summer months when the wind is more likely to be offshore. There are perfect waves on along the Coral Coast, it's unlikely that Gil will find them though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu