“Really deserves the great reviews!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flying E Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wickenburg
Flying E Ranch
You added Flying E Ranch to your Saves list
2801 West Wickenburg Way, Wickenburg, AZ 85358   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg
London
“Really deserves the great reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Before booking, we looked at the Tripadvisor reviews and were sceptical - how can any place get only 5 star ratings? Too good to be true?
Well, we went and found out for ourselves - and we, too, give the Flying E 5 stars! We could base it on the beautiful location, the great food, the nice rooms. All of those would suffice, but I think the real reason that everyone loves (and keeps going back to) the Flying E is the staff. Ande and Steve combine effortless professionalism with an easy welcome and charm. Nothing is too much trouble, and everything is done to make sure your stay goes well. This ethos is wonderfully present amongst all the staff.
My wife, my son and I had a wonderful time at the Flying E. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
flyingeranch, Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Traveling Dave and family,
Thank you for your kind words and great reveiw for the Flying E Ranch. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your Dude Ranch vacation and we look forward to seeing you back on our trails.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's a wonderful ranch run by some of the warmest folks I've ever met. The wranglers are very good at what they do, their horses are lovely and each ride was a wonderful new adventure with great views and great stories. The other guests were friendly and fun and so great - we hung out from breakfast to dinner and then played games. fun times!!
I just returned from my first visit to the Flying E and cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
flyingeranch, General Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Some of the guests you met in Feb. 2013 have reservations for Feb 2014, same time line, and they are asking if you will be returning. It was a fun week, and thank you for your review. Hope to see you back on the trail soon. (Feb. 2014?)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just returned from our 2nd visit to the Flying E. It was fabulous! Ande and Steve run a wonderful ranch, and have an equally wonderful staff. The kitchen crew is great, they are so accommodating with dietary issues/restrictions. The wranglers are amazing, very safety conscious and so adept at matching horses to guests. The grounds are meticulous, and it's location, the ability to just ride out the gate into thousands of acres of northern Sonoran desert, is very special. Wickenburg is so easy to get to, just north of Phoenix. We have already reserved our dates for next year.

Room Tip: The end rooms have great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
What better review than " You Did Not Want To Leave" Thank you. We look forward to seeing back at the ranch 2014.
King City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had always wanted to visit a dude ranch, and decided on my birthday in december that I was going to go with or without anyone. So started choosing from the Dude ranch association ranches and narrowed them down to weather and size. And of course reviews. So off I went to the Flying E Ranch! Scared and nervous of course, but as soon as my shuttle pulled up to the ranch, Amanda came out to greet me...took me in to meet Steve who is the most warmest person you will ever meet, and met his lovely wife Ande later on who was the the person who convinced me into coming to visit after talking to her on the phone and telling her I was a little nervouse since I was going solo and of course she was right that I would love it! Love the riding, wranglers, kitchen staff, company and of course, Taffy...the ranch dog. Thanks again all of you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Welcome to our ranch family. See you soon!
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I visited the Flying E in November last year as a winter break and a birthday treat for myself. We stayed for a week and had the most wonderful time and did not want to leave. The hospitality and graciousness of all the staff was second to none. The Wranglers were friendly and knowledgeable they matched our riding abilities with super horses who were responsive and well mannered. The scenery is spectacular and coupled with Norm the cowboy poet reciting a poem to suit the mood made for an unforgettable experience. The hosts Ande and Steve made the evenings interesting with conversations with them and the other guests (all of whom had stayed before). The food was varied and as we are non meat eaters they catered to our needs better than anywhere else we have ever stayed with lovely home cooked meals, fresh produce and homemade bread and cookies. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I had the best nights sleep there after long days in the saddle, long soaks in the hot tub and tasty dinners. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Flying E for a friendly and relaxing vacation to all, as families and singles are soon your new friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
So happy that we could help make it a wonderful Birthday to remember. Thank you for your review, and hope we can celebrate with you again soon.
Madison, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Deciding to take a road trip/ travel adventure with my 14 year old daughter through the wild west instead of going to Atlantis or an all inclusive in the Caribbean over the holiday winter break, I was looking for a place we could celebrate Christmas where they offered horse back riding. Initially I did an Internet search for Dude Ranches but as with everything in our country I was inundated with a million different choices in terms of location and amenities offered and pricing plans. Eventually I stumbled upon the 'Dude Ranch Association' and after a call in to them and a description of exactly what I was looking for I was pointed to three different outfits. I called them all and from the very first conversation I had with the folks at the Flying E Ranch I knew it was my only choice.

Driving up to the property immediately I was struck by how pristine and clean everything was. Although I was told that very little has changed from the original layout of everything from back in the 1940s when the ranch was built, it was absolutely perfect in every way. From the staff to the horses to the accommodations to the temperature in the hot tub - it just couldn't have gotten any better.

During our three days there I was able to completely unplug (which my type A personality has a very challenging time doing!). We were able to experience the ranch with a group of 10 the first day and by the last night we had the honor of having the property all to ourselves and our final dinner was with our gracious hosts. And that dinner, like all of the other meals, was as delicious as it could have been. Three square meals of the best food you've ever tasted, sprinkled with horse rides, great conversation and interactions with the other guests, mixed in with wonderful naps and plenty of quiet time...just couldn't have imagined a more special way to share the Christmas holiday with my daughter!

Room Tip: They have several rooms around the pool area which I imagine would provide the most privacy, but the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Special times with special people. It was really nice to see Father and Daughter enjoy some quality time. (Type A+) Our trails will be here when you are ready to return.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here for just one night which was the only problem. It was for work so we stayed here but wished we had more time to spend here. Horse riding is the bread and butter but they have a pool, a comfy lounge, fire pit, and much more. Would like to bring 'the kids' here one day for a fun week trip on a dude ranch.

The internet only works in rooms 1 and 8 and in the lobby FYI.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glad you could enjoy a short visit at the ranch. Do hope you can return with your family. Thank you for your review.

Been to Flying E Ranch? Share your experiences!