“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 attractions in Wickenburg
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Experience the beauty of Arizona from horseback. Cowboy Way Adventures offers guided horseback trail rides in scenic Wickenburg and Prescott, Arizona. NEWS FLASH!! We have moved back to Wickenburg for the winter and are now offering Ranch Sorting! Hourly horseback rides, half and full day rides are available as well as overnight pack trips. We also do special events such as horseback weddings and parties. Give us a call and we will plan your next horseback trail riding adventure... the Cowboy Way!.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews but decided to try it anyway since it was so close to where we were staying (near Cottonwood). The wranglers who took us out could not have been nicer or more considerate. There was a little girl on the ride who was nervous; the cowboys kept her in their sights at all times and made sure she enjoyed herself. As a matter of fact, our enjoyment was obviously paramount to everyone who worked for Cowboy Way Adventures. The horses were well mannered and easy to ride. Highly recommend it!

Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Sedona private ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently went on a three hour ride at the Sedona location. I had purchased a groupon for this ride about a year and a half ago. I'd been trying to schedule a time to go, but with my husband's unpredictable schedule we could only go on a weekend, with very short notice. We happened to be up in Sedona this past weekend and I gave Charlie a call. He was able to fit us in the next day. When we got there, it just us on the ride - they weren't planning to do rides that day, but had us come for a private ride because of our schedules - he really took care of us. As for the horses - guess what - they are animals... and they are cattle ranch horses. If you want to play follow the leader, find a place that only does the same boring trail rides day after day.

Visited August 2012
“An Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my second time riding with Cowboy Way Adventures and loved it as much as the first ride. My boyfriend and I are experienced riders and had always wanted to try to "move cows." Charlie took the time and gave us lessons in Ranch Sorting and taught us how to move cows around the pen. Check one off the bucket list...It was a blast! After, we went on a 2 hour trail ride. Amazing views, great conversation and a wonderful time. The horses were responsive and well behaved. Thanks guys!!! We are planning a trip to Sedona and will see you all gain soon.

Visited May 2013
CowboyWayAdventures, Manager at Cowboy Way Adventures, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you very much from all of us here at COWBOY WAY ADVENTURES! We are happy to hear you have been back to see us and had a great time, we are looking forward to a new adventure with you here at our Sedona location. Thank you again and hope to see ya down the trail.

COWBOY WAY ADVENTURES
Phoenix, Arizona
“Cowboy "rude" way adventures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Live in Phoenix and arranged 2 weeks in advance to take my nephew horseback riding for a day of fun and relaxation with Cowboy Way Adventures. The day before Cowboy Way Adventures called me in mid afternoon asking to reschedule noon appointment to 3 o'clock on the following day. I said sorry, I had a business appointment back in Phoenix at around 4ish and taking time off has to be scheduled in being I run a business and could not change the time. The girl said fine and we hung up. I then receive another call and it's the barn manager asking to re-arrange my time to 3 o'clock and I explained again my situation. Before we hung up Charlie took the phone and asked yet again if I could switch times and as I was explaining it had become apparent I was an inconvenience even when I booked it two weeks in advance. They did not care to give me 24 hour advance notice which they require if it were in reverse. Because of the bully approach by the owner I no longer felt it would be fun or safe and canceled the ride as I was appalled and shocked by the unprofessional approach tactics used. My business is ran by accommodations and doing back flips for customers and built upon referrals so my educated guess is this company runs coupons by means of generating business which shows how unsuccessful they are. Because I would not want to disappointment my nephew I quickly researched other ranches in the Wickenberg area and located a "working cattle ranch" which was amazing! Effus Ranch is highly recommended as it's not just a ride but the experience of a working class ranch here in the Southwest. It's spread over acres of BLM land and swirls into the mountains with amazing views of the valley of the sun! Call Effus Ranch and book your ride and thank you to Cowboy "rude" Charlie as I would not have had this world class experience if it were not for your lack of professional etiquette. I've referred family, friends and business associates and highly recommend this adventure of "Effus Ranch" as they did back flips to accommodate and it was an adventure "never to be forgotten!" *CHECK REVIEWS ABOUT COWBOY WAY ADVENTURES BEFORE BOOKING. MY HAVING BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 16 YEARS I'VE NOT HAD ONE BAD COMMENT NOR SHOULD I IF I ACCOMMODATE MY CUSTOMERS.

Visited April 2013
Snohomish, Washington, United States
“Authentic cowboy adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were not quite sure what to expect with this Living Social voucher purchase. While visiting Phoenix, took a short trip up to Wickenburg with my husband and 5 year old for a horse ride. It exceeded all of our expectations. Our guide, Jake, was super sweet and went above and beyond for us. Our daughter got scared in a couple of spots and Jake actually carried her while walking both of their horses until she felt comfortable continuing. It's a nice ride (no flat trail here) through a picturesque ravine and up and down a few short hills. It felt like an authentic cowboy adventure to us. Will definitely do it again, possibly Sedona or back to Wickenburg with friends in tow.

Visited April 2013