Well, to be honest, we are not horse back riding people. We'd rather the horses be left to graze and live in peace. That said the people in charge at Rancho seem to take pride in the animals and for that we are gratefu.
The staff was friendly. Not Matt Dillion friendly but pretty darn nice. The dining room was good, but we opted to head into town for a few meals and the front desk was more than happy to provide us with suggestions.
We stumbled across a "dive" Mexican place called Anitas that was surprisingly good. Looks were deceiving. The El Rancho was good as well.
The Pony Espresso is fantastic for baked goods and your caffeine fix, we've stopped there when driving thru. But unfortunately they were closed when we stayed.
We had a suite, which was nice. It had a "funky" wet bar set up. Mind you, this isnt a Ritz or 5 star hotel. Its supposed to have a ranch type feel to it…It's historic….so if you are looking for a resort feel, maybe you should opt for Scottsdale.
They offer jeep tours, shooting, and hot air ballooning for a fee, and of course Horse back riding. If you want to travel a little ways out of town there is a lake pretty near by. Sedona and about 90 min away and you can take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
Glad we tried it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come ride our rugged trails, tee off at one of Golf Digest's Top 100 U.S. courses or luxuriate in a spa treatment featuring local desert ingredients. Savor cookout feasts with old friends and old wines, or make new friends over fresh local fare in the nostalgic main lodge. Bring the kids and celebrate our holiday traditions like Christmas boots by the fireplace and Easter egg hunts. Or make it a memorable couples-affair with peaceful rides and moonlit nature walks. At Rancho de los Caballeros there's always something to do, including doing nothing - preferably by the pool. Come retreat for a weekend or more and see what makes us so special. With 20,000 acres of lush open range, 100 saddle horses and seasoned wranglers to reassure greenhorns, the ranch offers an uncommon Western vacation you'll never forget. Full American Plan rates include three inspired meals each day... just listen for the dinner bell and savor a half-century tradition of Western hospitality and personalized service. At Rancho de los Caballeros, you'll feel right at home on the range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rancho de los Caballeros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho De Los Caballeros Hotel Wickenburg
- Rancho De Los Caballeros Wickenburg