“Feels like coming home!” 5 of 5 stars

Rancho de los Caballeros
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   1551 S. Vulture Mine Rd., Wickenburg, AZ 85390   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg
Greenville SC
“Feels like coming home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

This was our 6th visit to the ranch and it never disappoints. This resort is perfect for all ages and offers activities for everyone. Riding is great and the wranglers do a good job to ensure you have a good experience. This trip was with my 2 teenagers and parents. It was nice to be able to get away from the outside world and relax. We have stayed in most of the room types and none disappoint and have plenty of room. Always well stocked bathrooms with plenty of towels and amenities including chapstick and makeup remover cloths.
We did the ATV tour one afternoon which is pricey, but well worth it if you are adventurous- The kids also did Skeet and Trap for the first time and despite the wind and cold wanted to go back the next day for another round.
The staff is amazing and GM Rui is always present and welcoming.
Food is good and plentiful. You will not go hungry!
We spent Christmas there and they make a huge deal of Santa arriving via horseback and delivering gifts to everyone including adults at the ranch. They even suggest putting a boot by the fire so Santa can fill it up with candy.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with other family members and want to be close to each other- be sure to reques...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Monrovia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Exceptional experience from the management/staff, food, room, riding and golf. Located in the quiet hills of Wickenburg. We booked a package that included riding and all meals and were given an upgrade to the Sunset Room with a jet tub, great for relaxing after the ride or a round. The room was spacious and modern with all the amenities, including refrig, coffee maker, flat screen TV and Sunset patio. Tons of room for storing your stuff. Always extra towels, and tissues, never having to call the front desk. Delightful Southwestern style decor inside our room and throughout the resort, with spotless grounds filled with cactus and views of the hills and golf course. The food was superb. Different menu nightly, from Bison Fillet to Scallops to Quial. Option to eat lunch at the golf club restaurant or buffet in the main lodge. Always fresh, interesting and delicious. The riding location was different every time we went out and always catered to our riding ability. The Wrangler and his staff were professional, curious and safety conscious. We didn't have time for golf or skeet shooting but we will get to it next visit. See you soon...Thank you for the fun vacation. M & R

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Everything was SO fantastic, it's hard to know where to begin. The gracious, genuine hospitality, the amazing food, the once in a lifetime horseback rides and guided hikes, the beautiful gold course, the gorgous surrounding desert...the staff and owner of Rancho de los Caballeros have held onto something that seems rarely to exist in travel and that's kindness, warmth, attnetion to detail and crafting a family resort experience you'll want to come to over and over again. Thank you to everyone at the Rancho de los Caballeros for an adventure I will always cherish. I can't wait to come back and make this a regular place for my family to come and unplug, share meaningful time together and immerse ourselves in the vast beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Arizona is full of resort choices but this is perhaps the best experience yet for all the reasons above. It's all here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

From the time we checked in, we were treated like VIPs. Everyone is friendly. The rooms and grounds are spotless. The food is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this resort. Can't wait to go back in the Spring.

• Stayed December 2011
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This was my first experience at "The Ranch" and I was solo to boot. I have been waiting too long (35 years) to get back in the saddle and do some riding so needless to say I was a bit apprehensive. I arrived at the ranch, was shown to my little casita (including fireplace) and was so pleasantly surprised at how ruggedly elegant the rooms were. Perfect for the setting and very comfortable. I immediately went down to the stables to check it out and met Willum, one of the wranglers. He stopped by my table at dinner and we talked about the ride for the next morning. Everyone on the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the guests (most of which are multiple repeats) are all wonderful people who come every year to enjoy this lovely ranch. I can't say enough about the wranglers, horses and trails: They suit you to a horse and a level of ability and then take you on rides over incredible terrain. I was never in a group larger than 5 other riders, which is so unusual, I expected to be in a long mule train. I also went on a nature ride with Dick, who has been at the ranch for almost 30 years...he had incredible stories and can sing to boot. Definitely will go back on a regular basis and next time bring my family along, if they are lucky. I could go on and on but suffice to say, it was a wonderful experience and I hated to leave.

Room Tip: definitely get a room with a fireplace, the nights can be cool and after a long day on the trails it...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

On November 3-6, I had the privilege of hosting a group at Rancho de los Caballeros. Our experience was absolutely extraordinary. The trip was a reward for a sales contest that I ran – and to be honest, prior to the trip I had a few folks that were not so enthusiastic about this crazy idea of a ranch trip. The staff and beautiful ranch won over every one of them. In general, my guests couldn’t stop raving – especially about the wonderful service. Here is some of the feedback I have received so far:

• “I loved every minute!”

• “We all had a great time. The true sign of a good trip is that all our wives had a great time too. It will be a weekend we all remember for a long time.”

• From a couple who live right in Scottsdale, “We never knew this place was here – what a great long weekend we could take with our kids!”

• From an associate who is a top producer, and has been on many company-sponsored trips, “Thank you – I thought it was one of the most interesting that we have done!”

• “I have traveled a lot and stayed in many luxury hotels. The service at Los Caballeros was as good as any – easily Ritz-Carlton caliber service.”

• “This is the best bacon I have ever had” (Fun in and of itself, but also meant to be representative of the amount of praise the food received.)

We do not have an event planner on-staff, and as a smaller firm, we wear many hats. Hillary was wonderful to work with and made my job easy – not to mention making me look good! Every detail was handled quickly and professionally. She had great ideas and there was nothing that couldn’t be done. At some point along the week I stopped greeting her with “Hi”, and always ended up with something more like, “You’re still here?”

Clearly, the team at Los Caballeros takes great pride in their work and in the experience they offer the guests. I will miss people who provided exceptional service, but here are a few that stood out:

• Jane. From the first round of drinks I signed for on Thursday afternoon, that was all it took for her to know me by name. From that moment forward I was always greeted by name. Our cowboy cookout was on Saturday night. I happened to see that at lunch on Saturday afternoon she made a point to seek out one of our guests that had been favoring blended strawberry margaritas a her drink of choice. Jane apologized that there wouldn’t be a blender at the cookout, but offered to make up a pitcher of strawberry margaritas that she could serve over the rocks.

• Ryan. Ryan was with our group on multiple occasions and was always on top of everything. He was pleasant and engaging, and really worked hard to make sure everyone was enjoying their experience.

• Norm. I took a small group of guests to the shooting range, and we all really enjoyed Norm. My guests did great while I personally struggled just a little bit, but Norm was patient, and encouraging and made sure it was still fun.

• Front desk staff. I had decided to hike on Vulture Peak. They easily arranged transportation for me, and even gave me one of your house cell phones to borrow knowing that my ATT phone wouldn’t have a signal.

• Dallas. My group had the pleasure of a horseback ride with Dallas as our wrangler. He was very engaging. Given how early it is in your season, and the fact that Dallas had never worked at Los Caballaros before, I was really impressed with how well he knew your ranch and the surrounding area.

Thank you for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
glenview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My family found this gem in the desert in 1994, and we have been coming here for every spring vacation since and have added Thanksgiving over the past ten years. This is a perfect vacation for everyone of any age from baby to the 100 year old man who celebrated his birthday here with his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren by taking a jeep tour in the morning and riding a horse in the afternoon. From the excellent riding program, to the fabulous meals prepared for the group as well as individuals for the vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, low calorie diet. The staff is beyond accommodating to any and every high maintenance need for individual guest. I could go on and on and on, but am trying to keep this review concise and readable. The experience speaks for itself. Come here once and you will not regret it and probably will become returning guests. Some guests have been returning since the opening about sixty plus years ago. Many vacations are not vacations for the stressed out mother with little kids to watch. She is still at work. NOT HERE. The mother of young children gets as much of a rest as everyone else does. The grounds are well maintained and luscious. The golf course wins recognition frequently. So, if you want to come here to shoot on a renowned course with a bunch of golf buddies, or bring a family who likes to have their kids grow up with the kids of guests who come from all over the country, or come for a business meeting, or multi-generational family reunion, or a romantic getaway with his and hers massages by "geniuses" with their massage skills and touching care, or anyone of any age, Rancho de los Caballeros is awesome! Famous people can get away from fans or life-stress and fame. The rates work for anyone who is planning a vacation. There are no hidden costs like one would find at Disney World, for example, where the kids are begging for forty dollar toys continually or having to be disappointed by not being able to get them. Rancho de los Caballeros works for people who are on a budge or people who aren't. P.S. The horses are gentle but can kick it up for lopes (cantering) in the desert. The wranglers are excellent at keeping the riders safe and matching skill levels to horses and rides. I recommend Rancho de los Caballeros to business people, couples, family, friends, or someone on his own who wants to not feel alone.

Room Tip: Choose a room within your budget. They are all exceptional. We have stayed in all types over these t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rancho de los Caballeros? Share your experiences!