This was my first experience at "The Ranch" and I was solo to boot. I have been waiting too long (35 years) to get back in the saddle and do some riding so needless to say I was a bit apprehensive. I arrived at the ranch, was shown to my little casita (including fireplace) and was so pleasantly surprised at how ruggedly elegant the rooms were. Perfect for the setting and very comfortable. I immediately went down to the stables to check it out and met Willum, one of the wranglers. He stopped by my table at dinner and we talked about the ride for the next morning. Everyone on the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the guests (most of which are multiple repeats) are all wonderful people who come every year to enjoy this lovely ranch. I can't say enough about the wranglers, horses and trails: They suit you to a horse and a level of ability and then take you on rides over incredible terrain. I was never in a group larger than 5 other riders, which is so unusual, I expected to be in a long mule train. I also went on a nature ride with Dick, who has been at the ranch for almost 30 years...he had incredible stories and can sing to boot. Definitely will go back on a regular basis and next time bring my family along, if they are lucky. I could go on and on but suffice to say, it was a wonderful experience and I hated to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho De Los Caballeros Hotel Wickenburg
- Rancho De Los Caballeros Wickenburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come ride our rugged trails, tee off at one of Golf Digest's Top 100 U.S. courses or luxuriate in a spa treatment featuring local desert ingredients. Savor cookout feasts with old friends and old wines, or make new friends over fresh local fare in the nostalgic main lodge. Bring the kids and celebrate our holiday traditions like Christmas boots by the fireplace and Easter egg hunts. Or make it a memorable couples-affair with peaceful rides and moonlit nature walks. At Rancho de los Caballeros there's always something to do, including doing nothing - preferably by the pool. Come retreat for a weekend or more and see what makes us so special. With 20,000 acres of lush open range, 100 saddle horses and seasoned wranglers to reassure greenhorns, the ranch offers an uncommon Western vacation you'll never forget. Full American Plan rates include three inspired meals each day... just listen for the dinner bell and savor a half-century tradition of Western hospitality and personalized service. At Rancho de los Caballeros, you'll feel right at home on the range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Rancho de los Caballeros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.