“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Vail
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: This desert refuge has sheltered people for over a thousand years. It has been home, shrine, hideout, challenging workplace, exciting playground, tranquil retreat. On the National Historic Register, the 2,400-acre Park showcases crystal-filled Colossal Cave and historic La Posta Quemada Ranch. Cave tours, museum, Western trail rides, picnicking. Open daily
Castaic, California
9 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My family & I visited the cave on Christmas Eve. It is breathtaking! I have a 17 year old son & 12 year old daughter, they complained all the way there, they didn't want to go. After our tour with our very knowledgable guide, they both agreed that it was fun! Our guide was friendly, knowledgable & very funny! We had a great time! A must if you're looking for a good time with your family!

Visited December 2013

“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We took a horseback trail ride around the mountain and it was great! Our guide was as amazing as the views! We had a great time and would definitely do it again.

Visited November 2013
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Fun afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My kids and I headed here straight from the airport and thouroughly enjoyed our visit! Our guide was excellent and patient as my boys asked many questions. We enjoyed the stamp scavenger hunt around the cave and the nearby ranch. It was a perfect stop for my 4 and 7 year old kids. Despite some of the vandalism the cave has experienced over the years, it is still an amazing site to see.

Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“write an update on my review, on a bad experience I had.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Tirpadvisor needs to change their way on writing reviews. You can not answer back if someone makes a reply on what you wrote until 3 months later.
I have been wanting to write Colossal Cave on here and thank them for sending my refund to me, but could never do it because this site wont let you.
Colossal Cave thank you so much.

Visited May 2013
Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent for family and children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Not as large as Kartchner Caverns, a lot less expensive. $13 per adults to see the caverns. We had discount coupon for free Parking. Kartchner Caverns is $23 per adult and parking is $6.
Smaller and more personal experience.

Visited August 2013