“Can't beat the location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canyon Camper Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tusayan
Grand Canyon Camper Village
You added Grand Canyon Camper Village to your Saves list
Highway 64, 2-1/2 miles from South Entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, Tusayan, AZ 86023   |
Brighton, Colorado
“Can't beat the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I don't think you can beat the location! So close to all that is available. Let's be reasonable, Tusayan is a small strip of civilzation and doesn't have a lot to offer... and what is available is expensive... really expensive. So, if you don't want to pay, bring your own. That aside, the campground was the one reasonably priced thing here! There's no playground but there's a basketball hoop away from any traffic. There's a dog walking area too. Our site and all others was on dirt and gravel and didn't have a fire pit but many others do. During the day there are constant helicopters above but they will make you jealous of the lucky people aboard, about to get a bird's eye of the canyon. The WIFI was free but sometimes persnickity. The staff we spoke to were more than friendly and helpful and that's a lot more than we can say for others in town. A tip: BELIEVE them when they recommend or warn against specific restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the best things about this park is the location. you can park your RV and walk 1/8 mile to resturants or the free bus service to the Grand Canyon Park. Either way, its 5-7 minutes from this RV park to the GCNP, much closer than other camping areas (other than in the park of course).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I do not recommend this RV park. The only positive thing that could possibly be said about this park is that it is only a mile to the south entrance of the Grand Canyon! I am currently staying here, and wish I weren't, but there are no refunds. This is a very poorly designed park. $50 is an outrageous fee for this park. It does not appear that they are even trying to maintain a clean park. If we were to put out our awning, it would touch our neighbor's awning!
Plan ahead and don't get stuck here!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tusayan hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This is not Trailers village. Our GPS had it wrong. It is a mile south of the Park entrance. It is not pretty to look at but the facilities are good. We mostly slept there with little hanging out. We stayed two nights on our way to Las Vegas. No real complaints. The sites are level but gravel. There is a volleyball setup in the middle of camp. There are places to grab food nearby. It is very close to the airport (I highly recommend a helicopter tour). We had our own car so we did not try the shuttle. I think Trailer Village would be better if you can get a site.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nights in a rental RV. I had read the reviews and was apprehensive, but everywhere else was full. We need not have worried, the campground is well located for all amenities in Tusayan, restaurants, Imax and shuttle into the GC park. Access was easy and full hook up pull through sites. We used our own facilities but the washrooms looked clean but dated. The lady on reception was pleasant and helpful. She had discount vouchers for Imax and helicopters and could make bookings for you. The price was $50 per night but captive market and we booked in advance but paid on arrival. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I read the reviews after I booked for five days. When I arrived, the Lady suggested that I should stay for a few days and I always can extend my stay if I like it, which I did. Out of 20 things, I counted 16 likes and 4 dislikes about the area (city) and campgrounds. Very nice and clean little city. You can walk anywhere for anything and the restaurants are very nice! There are alot of people traveling in and out, doing their family thing, kids running and laughing (yes no playground or pool! But they are here for the Canyon fun). Dust, yes, but I'm not up north, I'm in a dessert! I'm mostly out doing the Canyon things, and in the evenings I here listening to kids having fun, meeting people, I'm in my 60's having a great stay and glad I didn't read the reviews before I booked!

• Stayed June 2012
Acampo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was very nervous to stay here after reading all of the terrible reviews but so glad I did. We stayed here 10 years ago and loved it. Came back in June 2012 with 5 kids and we LOVED IT again!!! Every morning and evening the Elk come right down into the park and they are NOT afraid. But please remember, they are wild animals, some people were putting their kids about 8 feet away from them, just to get a picture. Crazy!! Staff is super friendly, Park is very clean. Lots of stores within walking distance and IMAX right across the street. Drive into Grand Canyon or take the free shuttle (once you buy your pass). Showers are coin operated and it does take a while to get hot water so be prepared for that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Canyon Camper Village? Share your experiences!