“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canyon Camper Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tusayan
Grand Canyon Camper Village
Highway 64, 2-1/2 miles from South Entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, Tusayan, AZ 86023   |
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nights in a rental RV. I had read the reviews and was apprehensive, but everywhere else was full. We need not have worried, the campground is well located for all amenities in Tusayan, restaurants, Imax and shuttle into the GC park. Access was easy and full hook up pull through sites. We used our own facilities but the washrooms looked clean but dated. The lady on reception was pleasant and helpful. She had discount vouchers for Imax and helicopters and could make bookings for you. The price was $50 per night but captive market and we booked in advance but paid on arrival. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews after I booked for five days. When I arrived, the Lady suggested that I should stay for a few days and I always can extend my stay if I like it, which I did. Out of 20 things, I counted 16 likes and 4 dislikes about the area (city) and campgrounds. Very nice and clean little city. You can walk anywhere for anything and the restaurants are very nice! There are alot of people traveling in and out, doing their family thing, kids running and laughing (yes no playground or pool! But they are here for the Canyon fun). Dust, yes, but I'm not up north, I'm in a dessert! I'm mostly out doing the Canyon things, and in the evenings I here listening to kids having fun, meeting people, I'm in my 60's having a great stay and glad I didn't read the reviews before I booked!

• Stayed June 2012
Acampo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was very nervous to stay here after reading all of the terrible reviews but so glad I did. We stayed here 10 years ago and loved it. Came back in June 2012 with 5 kids and we LOVED IT again!!! Every morning and evening the Elk come right down into the park and they are NOT afraid. But please remember, they are wild animals, some people were putting their kids about 8 feet away from them, just to get a picture. Crazy!! Staff is super friendly, Park is very clean. Lots of stores within walking distance and IMAX right across the street. Drive into Grand Canyon or take the free shuttle (once you buy your pass). Showers are coin operated and it does take a while to get hot water so be prepared for that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Make sure you are booking at the correct one - this is Camper Village Vs Trailer Village as there is a BIG difference, and these guys are more expensive.
Camper Village is OUTSIDE the park in the town of Tusayan, about 6 miles from the canyon and El Tovar etc... We found out that the shuttles stopped running outside the park the day we arrived (9th) and not the 15th, shown in all the literature - which relates to Inside the park.
My wife thought she was booking Trailer Village, which is 1/2 mile from the canyon, has shuttles running and has cable, paved roads and likely much better facilities, I am sure.
There was lots of space when we arrived, maybe 10 RV's and a handful of tents. I am sure it looks better when it is full, but basically a lot of gravel and power posts.
We arrived late and the place was pretty quiet at 8am the helicopters started with an endless flight path just to the east and the winged aircraft right overhead. Didn't bother us too much as it was constant and not going at night.

Bathrooms were OK and were cleaned regularly, although if you don't have your own shower make sure you have quarters...

The service seemed to be pretty decent. Our dump cap would not come off and they fixed it the same day.
The basketball court was being set up for a Salmon Bake for the whole town to attend, with live music, big BBQ's and lots of tables (fortunately) for the day after we left...

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask if there are any parties planned
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had a awsome time at camper village. The camp grounds were laid out with a lot of thought in mind. spacious lots, clean bathrooms,very helpfull and friendly staff for all our needs. they also had nice big fire pits in the center of the camp where campers can meet and greet. only minutes from anywhere in town. my girlfriend and i stayed for 4 days. on the second day we took the 13hr tour of the grand canyon.we were up at 5 am and rode our bikes to the air port.my girlfriend and i had such a great time we would recommend this experience to everyone who could find thier way to this beautiful area. oh and did i mention resturants, general stores ,gas and everything within walking distance.while we we there we seen some wildlife a huge bull elk and cow just alongside our camp grounds. cant say enough good things about this place yours truely Paul and Lynn Fugelsang.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

We have traveled for 6 weeks staying in many campgrounds/rv parks, but this park was the WORST and MOST EXPENSIVE. We wanted to leave immediately upon arrival at campsite, but there is a no refund policy and we paid for 4 nights ($180 total). Lots of candy wrappers, cardboard, cups, dirty kitchen sponges, and dirty used socks....disgusting and similar trash everywhere. Tall weeds, sand spurs, and dirt everywhere. We felt like we were in a dust bowl. Very run down and disgusting for campers. Do NOT stay here; we did leave early with no refund. Too nasty to stay longer.

• Stayed June 2011
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We recently stayed at the grand Canyon Camper Village for 4 nights while visiting the Grand Canyon in April. It was very disappointing .On our 2nd day there I went into the office and told the front desk there was a plugged toilet in the ladies' restroom. On the morning of the day we left and it was still plugged!!!!! No-one had fixed it or even locked the stall and said 'out of service' or something .It was disgusting!! That was also after a couple of cleanings as well .We were very disappointed with our site. There were dozens of molehills on the site and every day there would be a few more hills .After someone left there was no effort to rake out the site to smooth it out or anything. And yes, I know the moles come back but there are ways of catching them (we live on an acreage and if we don't keep things under control the moles become a problem at our place). It wasn't just the moles, it was the mud, etc as well that had dried out. There was no groundskeeping after anyone left their spot.It seemed you just wanted to get people to come and not even attempt to want them to return .I know I definitely won't recommend your campground to any of our friends for the future (I know of several that are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in the next year). The office was friendly enough but in general, we felt there was no care in the property itself. Don't charge 'nice' campground prices if you're not a nice campground. And the Wi-Fi was also a disappointment .It was so slow I gave up using it (it kept timing out of a screen when I tried to use the internet, etc). It was definitely a huge let-down after reading info about the campground.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Canyon Camper Village? Share your experiences!