“What a Rip Off!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canyon Camper Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tusayan
Grand Canyon Camper Village
Save Saved
You added Grand Canyon Camper Village to your Saves list
Highway 64, 2-1/2 miles from South Entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, Tusayan, AZ 86023   |
Creede, Colorado
“What a Rip Off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Unfortunately, this is practically the only game in town. We were there in our motorhoime that requires 50 amp electric and for that you pay $50.00 per night. The sites are all dirt/mud and you are on the glide path of the airport.
In our travels to Alaska, Newfoundland and all of the lower 48, this is the biggest rip off ever.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This campground is a little on the pricey side but was very quiet. Free wifi worked well near the office but even where we camped in a tent there were several wifis available. The tent area is on a tree covered hill overlooking the RV spaces. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. Showers were coin operated but did not have any problems with them. Plenty of hot water and got my shower done for 75 cents, about 6 minutes of running water. Staff was very friendly and provided helpful hints regarding local establishments. Located very close to the south gate to Grand Canyon National Park and near a shuttle bus stop if you don't feel like driving. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Brandon, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My family stayed in Camper Village on July 3 &4. They left out the fact that on July 4 that they were having a big concert and party. We were there with my small niece and the concert didn't get over until midnight. There were drunk people walking around being loud and pounded on our camper. There was also no petting zoo or tepees like the thing above says. It was nothing but a field with hookups and bathrooms. No pool or playground either. It was very close to the park and we did get reservations. We just felt like they should have told us when we called for reservations about the concert because we wouldn't have stayed there if we had known.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tusayan hotels

Phoenix,AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

My family and I stayed 4 nights there had a great time. The manager gave us a spot we wanted. he helped in making reservations for us which saved us time and money. The park was clean and quiet. With shopping and restuarants within walking distance did not have to drive around. Was very pleased with our stay and plan on going again since its only a 4 hr drive.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

After reading all this bad stuff was ready to camp anywhere else but figured I would check it out due to how close it is to the Canyon.
I found no issues personally with the camp itself. Seemed reasonable in price given that the towns prices on everything was high overall (24 pack of 16 ounce water $16.00, pitcher of beer $14.00...)
They were bad about returning calls or e mail but were friendly and did call back 2 days later to answer questions.
WiFi was down and the internet coverage from the tower site was very poor.
I did not see any garbage laying around or have any issues with the facility itself. Overall I would go back.
I was only there 3 days and was not there for the campground, but rather the Grand Canyon so my days were too full to care much about little things.
Getting in and out was no big deal but I guess if it was "really busy" it might get tight with larger camper units. I paid cash but I think I saw a Credit Card machine there and he did ask how I was going to pay, I assumed he meant cash or credit?

We were treated much worse at the Canyon entrance by the park people when we asked if they had room there to camp. Almost like we were total idiots for even thinking they might have a spot. They stay pretty full I guess and honestly driving through Trailer Village was very tight, made me glad they were full. Also our 40 foot motorhome and 16 foot trailer had no place inside the park, Camper Village was our best option.

Not sure if these Camper village people are the same ones in the previous reviews but my experience was ok.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Finding ourselves on a unexpected last minute trip, we had a chance to stay at this RV camp after learning all hotels were full for the week we were staying. We have a fully selfcontained semi and they welcomed us and even help us set up for a 5 day stay even though it was a first for them to have a semi stay in their camp. Bathrooms and showers were conviently located, clean, with plenty of hot water. They have a free WIFI hotspot loacated near the office. They were great to deal with and campground was very quiet. We loved our visit and would highly recommmend this to anyone looking for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

I stayed there at one of the tent sites for one night only. Sites were very clean, well spread out. Plenty of rest room, showers, and store close by.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Grand Canyon Camper Village? Share your experiences!