My review is a little dated, but I thought that i would give other travellers the benefit of our ghastly experience.
We had almost completed a 2000 mile road trip around Callifornia, Arizona, Nevada, and had booked mainly budget accommodation. The Grand Canyon Squire was intended as a little luxury near to the end of our trip, and was by far the most expensive at over £100 per night.
The room itself was seemingly clean and very very spacious, with two queen beds. After writing our journal, I went to get into the first of the queens, only to find sheets that were crinkled through someone else's sweat (but smoothed to appear as if they hadn't already been slept in). Worse still, the bed was FULL --- HAIR. Hence I was mortified. It was almost midnight and I decided to raise it in the morning, as we had a second bed to use. I went to this one, and it was exactly the same - crinkled and with someone elses hair inside.
Aside from this the hotel is well situated to explore the Grand Canyon. The restaurant was nice, but you had to wait 90 minutes to get a table, and the dining room was cramped and the food very pricey - they definitly cash in on the captive audience they have.
You could take a risk and stay here as if it weren't for the beds, it would be perfectly nice, but it makes you wonder that if the sheets are (badly) recycled, whats going on behind the scenes?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we’re proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we’re sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western