The hotel overall is average but not worth the kind of money i paid for it. I had called the hotel couple of times ahead to make sure i have a king bed room but upon checkin was told that they have a 2 queen bed room. Had to pay additional 30$/night for a king size in the main building.
Now onto room, the first room we checked in had the shower drain almost completely blocked, since it was late night we were told it will be fixed tomorrow.
When we went to bed we realized that the mattress completely sags on one side of the bed so its like sleeping in a tub. Needless to say i had a terrible night of sleep (wife felt ok on the other side of the bed).
Anyways, next day after being out whole day we came back to the room and found the shower drain was still now fixed, so we asked to talk to the Manager, only to be told that they dont have any manager on site today (what? ). The head supervisor was a nice polite lady (Beth..i think) who had us moved to a different room which was much better.
On the plus side the rooms are decent sized and clean for most part, we did find couple of old advil capsules lying on the floor in our first room. Also the hotel is couple of miles from the canyon entrance so its convenient that way.
Next time if i have to spend this kind of money i will try to get a lodge inside the canyon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we’re proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we’re sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western