“Large motel, comfortable but not exciting” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tusayan
Robertson
“Large motel, comfortable but not exciting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We came in late and looked for a reliable brand and it delivered but nothing exciting. Breakfast was included and there was good choice. tour desk was helpful and got us a helicopter flight at short notice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather V, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear chewat,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the Grand Canyon. I am glad that you enjoyed your stop-over at our Hotel. I will absolutely pass your compliments on to our food and beverage department as well as our concierge. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future should your travels return our way.
Happy New Year,
Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel to stay at if visiting Grand Canyon. Our room was wonderful, very comfortable, super clean and luxurious. i heard there was problems with the wifi buf happy to report free wifi worked perfectly. The restaurant is very nice on site and lots to do (even bowling which was fun.) Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
Heather V, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear LilybellUK,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Grand Canyon. We truly appreciate your taking the time to write us a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to pass your comments on to our housekeeping staff. I know they will appreciate your review as well. I hope that you will stay with us again should you have a chance to return to the Grand Canyon in the future.
wever ia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Spent two nights and staff was friendly, hotel quiet and close to the park. Free breakfast was true bargain as Macdonald's across street was most expensive I've ever visited. Attractive area art and motif on display throughout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Heather V, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear mark m,
I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your family's recent trip to the Grand Canyon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and letting us know about your experience. You are absolutely correct that this is one of the most expensive McDonalds in the United States and am glad you had the opportunity to join us for breakfast. Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

From arrival to departure I cannot think of a bad thing to say about the hotel. Super friendly staff, super clean room and good breakfast included. Free wi-fi was included along with an excellent coffee maker in the room. Large room with 2 queen beds which were very comfortable and a large flat screen tv.

The hotel is just outside the national park but only a few minutes drive to the South rim. Good selection of restaurants nearby.

Dear Peter D-B,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to the Grand Canyon. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I will absolutely pass your comments on to our staff as I know they all take great pride in assisting our guests. I hope you have wonderful Holidays!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

After traveling for 5 hrs we arrived at our hotel (Holiday Inn Express). The staff at our hotel recommended the dining facilities at the Best Western. Our family ate in the Sports Bar and had a wonderful meal with great prices. It was my husbands 51st Birthday and the staff without being asked brought my husband a beautiful slice of cake with candle and sang Happy Birthday to him. This meant a lot to us. It was very thoughtful. We enjoyed our stay in Tusayan and hope to visit again. We plan on dining often at this wonderful hotel during our stay. Thank you!
Bill & Karen Emling
Oregonia, OH

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kwaldron98,
Thank you for your kind review. I will absolutely pass your comments on to our food and beverage department. I hope that next time you have a chance to visit the Grand Canyon you will choose to stay with us as well. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season and safe travels,
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

everything was perfect, very nice hotel, very clean and comfortable. the staff was very friendly and we even got an upgrade without asking, I would recomend this hotel to any one. It is very good value for the money at this time of year

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear TAM S,
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to the Grand Canyon and your kind review. I will pass all of your compliments on to our staff - we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you have Happy Holidays,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My lady and I took a trip to the Grand Canyon and spent one night in this hotel. The property from the outside doesn't look so nice, but walking into the lobby is much nicer. When I booked my room I booked a standard room with a king bed. Some times when you book a room, you book the size and request a king or two queens, and other times you are booking a specific bed type. Well in this case I was able to pick a room with a king bed, it was not a non-guaranteed request, like asking for a high floor, it was specifically what I booked. Well of course when I checked in they did not have that available and told me that was a requested option not a guaranteed option. However, to their credit, before I could even complain the lady checking me in attempted to fix the problem by upgrading me to their deluxe room. So it still had 2 queens instead of the king, but it was much larger, it was in their main building (which was a big plus, especially with the cold weather), and was a more expensive room (which they gave me for the same price). So I thought that was fair and I liked that they took care of it, without me having to complain. The staff were also friendly and happy to answer any questions.

The room was nice. It had a large bathroom, with a large tub. It also had a separate makeup counter and sink outside the bathroom, which my lady loved! It was clean, however I felt it could use some new carpet, it was pretty stained up and felt very old. It also seemed their attention to detail in maintenance wasn't so great, one example was our shower controls were backwards. Turning it towards hot was really cold, and towards cold was really hot (not that big of a deal). I personally did not sleep well either because I could hear everything that was going on in the hallway all night. Every time someone anywhere near our room opened or closed a door, it sounded like they were opening and closing our door.

On a good note there were a lot of amenities to staying there. It was less then 5min to the entrance to the Grand Canyon. Parking was free. Several restaurants on property and plenty within a minute of the property. For families there was an arcade and I was told a small bowling ally (although I did not use these features). And I think my favorite part of staying there was the free breakfast. It was not just a boring cold continental breakfast. They had several hot options like eggs, French toast, and oatmeal, as well as lots of fresh fruit and all the normal cold stuff. It was perfect

This area is not known for its beautiful hotels, So I would definitely stay here again if I return. I think it is definitely one of the best options in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather V, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear zimm415,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Grand Canyon. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we are installing new carpet in January and at the same time, our maintenance staff is actively going through each room and correcting any issues. I am sorry that I don't know how you made your reservation so I cannot look to see the request for the one king bed, but am glad that we were able to upgrade you to our deluxe room. I hope that you will stay with us in the future and hope that your Holidays are safe and happy. Sincerely, Heather

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn? Share your experiences!