I normally opt for Hilton or Marriott properties. But couldn't find any close to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The hotel itself was okay, nothing special but not bad either. Looking at the other hotels in this area, the Best Western is certainly in the top 2. The room was clean and comfortable. They layout of the hotel is unusual, with separate buildings/structures.
We stayed in a building immediately next to the main building on the second floor. After several minutes of searching,we could not locate an elevator. Troubling as we had 2 large pieces of luggage that we had to drag up the stairs. Once we reached our room, we called the front desk, thinking we just missed it. Not the case, no elevator in this building. This will certainly give an idea of the age of this particular hotel.
The hotel has a bowling center and an arcade. We didn't use any of these facilities so I cannot comment. We did eat the included breakfast. It was about what you would expect. Cereals, fruit, sausage, bacon, canned gravy, sub par eggs, hard biscuits. If you want to save a few dollars, eat at the hotel. Otherwise, McDonald's would be a better alternative.
This hotel is certainly average. Unfortunately, if you are looking for a 4 star hotel in this area, you are not in luck. I would probably try the Red Feather Inn next time, but would stay at the Best Western if the Red Feather was not available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we’re proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we’re sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western