We stayed for two nights in October 2012. It was easy to find and check in was quick and easy.
In the lobby area there is a bar with a stunning log fire. Really romantic setting. There was also a sports bar with pool tables and another log fire. The food was quite cheap and delicious! The service was also really good and the people where pleasant. There where quite a few locals in the sports bar, which I think shows it's good quality and value. All guests where given complimentary breakfast during our stay. This was pretty basic, but still really tasty - and you can't complain for free. It consisted of fruit, pancakes, egg, toast, yoghurt and cereals. The fruit was really fresh!
Opposite the bar was a games area with arcade games and a small bowling alley. Great for kids to go in while you sit in the bar!!
There was a concierge desk who where helpful and we bought a ticket to get in the grand canyon national park for $25 per car. This lasts 7 days. The park was only a 10 minute drive away and once you get inside there's a free shuttle bus service.
The room was spot on. It had a fridge, tea and coffee facilities, comfortable clean beds, a safe (we where told that there was a charge of $1.50 (I think) but we didn't get charged), hairdryer and a tv. Down the hall there was a drinks and ice machine. The air con in the room was a bit loud but got the job done! There are also a few helicopters that go over doing trips to the grand canyon - some of these went over quite early in the morning but I think you couldn't avoid the noise no matter where you stay in the area. It wasn't too bad though. We did get to see some deer and elk around the area too - so keep your eye out! Also there was free wifi throughout the hotel. In our room there was a notice saying that it might be a bit slow because of the area but I thought it ran pretty well!
It was close to some fast food places, steakhouses and other restaurants such as Mexican food. All within walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we’re proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we’re sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.