Stayed in the King mini suite for 2 nights which was located in a different building away from the main busy building, which I was thankful for because it seemed more quiet than the hussle and bussle in the main building. However the pool is a ways away in the main building, but there was a hot tub (jets not powerful at all) in the suites building which felt great after a very chilly day in the Grand Canyon. This buiding also had it's own breakfast lobby as well with cheese omlets, bacon, biscuits & gravy, cereal, a simple and quick pancake maker that does all the work for you and makes as many pancakes as you want, yogurt, juices and more. The wetbar was perfect for what I needed it for (a sink with a counter) since we brought our slow cooker to cook dinner in. I found the bed to be very comfortable, camparable to our bed at home, and it was nice to unwind on the sofa watching tv after a long day of driving.
I'm happy with our choice and will stay here again if we ever return due to it's proximity to the South Rim. I debated on staying further away not in Tusayan to save a little cash but after road tripping in from the north and out to the south, I'm glad we didn't stay further away because everywhere else really is quite a drive in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites features 164 guest rooms and a 32 suite room annex. Free in-room high speed Internet access is available. We are entirely a non-smoking hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is located one mile from the Grand Canyon National Park South Rim entrance. Dining and entertainment within walking distance. 1/2 mile from the Grand Canyon Airport and Helibase. Air tours, jeep rides, raft trips, can be arranged from the hotel. Free continental breakfast from 6:30 am to 9:30 am. KidSuites Available for 2 adults and three children - Queen rooms have 4 person max, and King Rooms have 2 person max. Visit Grand Canyon, AZ and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon Hotel Tusayan
- Holiday Inn Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Holiday Inn