Good location for visiting the Grand Canyon. The hotel seems older, but the room was clean and in good condition. We were happy with the larger sized rooms and the convenience of a mini fridge and microwave in the room. We enjoyed cooling off in the outdoor swimming pool after hiking in the canyon.
The lady at the front desk rushed us through the check in process and did not seem friendly. Not that we wanted it to take a long time, but having never been to the grand canyon before we had a few questions about the area and the amenities that we wanted to ask her about. She spoke extremely fast and was hard to understand. There was no one else waiting to check in or out. The lobby was empty. She made us feel like she just wanted us out the door and quick.
Checking out was uneventful. Just don't expect a high level of friendly customer service here. They provide a few discount coupons for the hotel restaurant, but we decided we would be better off eating elsewhere.
There are stores and restaurants in walking distance and it is a short drive to the park entrance. If you do not want to drive the parks system also have free shuttle busses that you can ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 mile from the South Rim entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, TravelClick, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Canyon Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Plaza Hotel Tusayan
- Quality Inn Grand Canyon National Park