This was one of the hotels I stayed in during my long trip. It was the only one that had bad reviews but I thought it's only 2 nights why not. Well reading some of those reviews again I can echo their comments. Very dirty place. Great for college kids but if you have any self respect you won't stay here.
I'll start with the small issue and work my way up.
1. No WIFI even though they advertise it. It's only in the lobby. They're making it seem like it's available in the rooms. False advertising.
2. Staff is very rude and just hangs up after answering your question. Who hires these people?
3. Don't expect to get refilled on your coffee supplies during your stay. What you have when you check in is what you have.
4. This one is just plain disgusting and unsanitary. When I checked in the toilet was clogged. I left a note for the cleaning crew to unclog it. I was away the entire day and came back late at night. See my photo. The cleaning crew unclogged the toilet but left whatever was clogging it all over the bathroom floor. I immediately called the rude front desk staff and they sent a cleaning guy up. The did not offer me a new room. I spoke with assistant to general manager Teresa Weigel and even though she admitted I should have been offered a room she refused any kind or refund. General Manager Ann Wren-Serna was unavailable and by the looks of it is always unavailable.
Stay away from this place. There are plenty of other choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 mile from the South Rim entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Canyon Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Plaza Hotel Tusayan
- Quality Inn Grand Canyon National Park