“False advertisement” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“False advertisement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My family went to Sophie's after visiting the Grand Canyon for lunch because its right across the street from the IMAX theatre, they had a "tripadvisor recommend" sticker and I could not get any reception on my phone. Needless to say, the food was average (bland), my order was wrong (I wanted two beef tamales and was given 1 pork), and the bill was over 80.00, which would not have been an issue if the food was better. They should take that tripadvisor sticker off the window.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Food so great that it makes up for the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love Mexican and I have been to a lot of places but this restaurant is wonderful. It has charm and is sweet, it is not a 5 star restaurant but the food is really good and not bland, like some of the reviews say. The service, well, I would have to agree, it was not the greatest, it seems like they don't have enough servers but if I lived here I would eat here all the time. We had the queso, awesome!!! We had the shrimp enchiladas, super good, and we had the chimchanga, wonderful. The shrimp was actually surprisingly good. The only thing I didn't like was the Sangria, a little too much soda and not enough wine but I love this place, worth the try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Italy
“I'd better get back to Sophie the following nights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Would start by saying that the difference in evaluations published on TA about this restaurant is awesome for me, being much higher than that usually observed: in this case the scores are quite regulary distributed from maximum to minimum, and this is - I think - very rare.
That said, I must say that our experience was positive. We had dinner here our first night in Tusayan, and we were very pleased.
Some of us ordered a bowl of consommé (soup) with chicken, others have chosen meat dishes (beef or pork).
The bill was $ 70 for five people, all inclusive.
If we didn't return the next evenings, it's only because my inclination is to look for new experiences. And in this case - having regard to other restaurants in Tusayan - I'd better get back to Sophie!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bruxelles
“Horrible restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you wanna waist your time and your money this is the best place to be. I have never seen such a horrible service. My husband and I along with two friends were so looking forward to a wonderful day out enjoying Mexican cuisine. We were extremely disappointed. I guess we just expected too much. The staff was very rude and inexperienced. They were lacking in knowledge about meals. The food was bland and horrible for the most part. Overall, it was decided amongst the 4 of us, that we would never return. There are just too many other great restaurants around to spend our money on.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen
“Brilliant decor, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We fell in love instantly with this place. Bright, colourful decor, smiling Mexican staff. Food is good-average, and there is an excellent range of drinks - try the watermelon juice on a hot day. Amazing!

Visited July 2013