My husband and I and our two young children just spent spring break at the beautiful Villa del Faro just north of San Jose del Cabo on the Baja peninsula. It's a true desert oasis nestled amongst the sagebrush and saguaro. The resort is gorgeous and well laid out so that guests (staying in casitas) feel safe and connected, yet still very private. The pool is amazing and the entire resort is well-designed and thought out and perfectly situated just above the beach. The owners of the resort prepare delicious meals for breakfast and dinner, but guests are on their own for lunch. Our ONLY (minor) criticism was that the extras (e.g., cot beds for the kids and the dinners) were a little pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Exquisitely off the grid" An elegant eco-hotel, Villa del Faro is a unique oasis nestled on a deserted beach. The Villa was created with the integrity of the surrounding desert in mind. We offer solitude instead of shops, safe swimming beaches, great books, gourmet food, snorkeling, surfing, and just pure beauty! One hour north of the Los Cabos Airport, but a world away in seclusion and serenity. Eight separate Casitas. Breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Villa del Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Faro Hotel Los Frailes
- Villa Del Faro Mexico/Los Frailes