“Beautiful new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tuba City
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Beautiful new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were lucky to have found this hotel so we could spend one day exploring the Hopi reservation (guide Evelyn Fredericks was EXCELLENT) and one day driving to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is very new, and the rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. Dining options in Tuba City are a bit bleak, and the attached restaurant is a Denny's, which we didn't try. (See our separate review of the Hogan restaurant as well as the Cameron Trading Post restaurant about 30 miles away.

We did notice that there is an odd "pounding" or "thumping" noise that we could hear early each morning, at least from our ground floor room. We did not know what it was from. We did not use the heat or air overnight since it is the under-the-window kind that can wake you up. We didn't try the breakfast except to each a piece of fruit each day.

The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The price was very good, and they have a AAA discount. Free wifi was super easy to use. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This impressive looking hotel is just within the Hopi Reservation (& one hour ahead of Arizona across the road). When you register you have to sign an agreement to be fined $250 if you are found to be in possession on the property of alcohol, even presumably if just carrying some bottles of wine to take home. I know some Native American communities have had problems with alcoholism but most of the many Islamic countries we have travelled to take a more tolerant attitude to the discreet use of alcohol by guests.
We stayed in a Village Suite, a large open plan room with a kitchenette which had a fridge, sink & microwave but no hob or cooking utensils. This was a pity because the dining options in Tuba City are limited but there is a good supermarket (Bashas') almost opposite. Breakfast was worse than usual. Service there was poor; the staff in general were either rather disinterested or extremely nice & helpful!

Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was asked to fill in for my company for a few days and they put me in this hotel, pre paid by the company. When I check in I was told that the room was pre-paid and they would hold 50.00 on my Debit Card for incidentals, so OK.. I have my own cell phone and did not plan to have a wild party, or steal pillows or towels, or anything else. I check out 4 days later. Get 50 miles down the road and get a text alert from my bank, by now I am on my way back to Peoria AZ, the text informed me my debit card was charged 385.00.. I stopped in Flagstaff and called, and they said there was a remaining balance, and I said OH NO!! it was pre paid, I asked to speak to management, but on Sunday they were not in. I said You were only authorized to debit 50.00. I told the girl who answered, go look in the note book there is a copy of the company credit card I seen it when I checked in. I asked for manager's home number, she put me on hold and never came back. I called back and was told this has been taken care of, and it will be credited to you bank.. WHEN!!!!!... It has been almost 4 days and no sign of a 385.00 credit to my bank. So be very careful if you travel and you company pays as you may pay again when you leave.. I will not ever let them see my debit card again, in any hotel and pay in cash or a deposit for incidentals, HOLY COW.. I had car payment and insurance coming out of my account for the end of the week, The company wants me to come back and work again, ???? is it worth the drive up there and spending 4 days to end up letting them play around in my bank account??? just saying.

Room Tip: Do not let anyone have access to a debit card.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A very nice place to stay and very reasonable. My wife and I thought it was excellent. Very nice bed and great shower. Highly recommended if you are in the neighborhood. The best place to eat is across the street. Very clean pool and the landscaping is excellent.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Like new hotel. Well decorated lobby with fireplace and unique native american decorating. Helpful and organized staff. Good location for Monument Valley and Grand Canyon visit. Lots of new businesses nearby along 160 including a few fast food restaurants. Hotel also appears to run a Denny's in the next building. The only negative was the free breakfast which was average at best. Reasonable price at $130 per night. Would stay there again.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very beautiful first-class place and a welcome surprise. Rooms were very clean and quiet and the staff was lovely. Agreed-- the bed was the best. The building well resembles a pueblo village, and the lobby was grand, with rock walls, fireplace and vigas. The Denny's next door was good and convenient. A little pricey for the area, but far superior to an old motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Montana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at Moenkopi Legacy Inn in Tuba City, AZ on our way to and from the Grand Canyon. A very lovely newer hotel, and compared to the rates for similar rooms outside the Canyon, a great bargain! The staff was friendly, rooms were very nice and clean. We were on the ground floor and had an outside door that opened onto the courtyard/pool area. Very nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was typical continental. My only complaint was the coffee...horrid. We stayed there 2 nights and both times the coffee in the breakfast area was undrinkable. Denny's is on the property and we had dinner there the first night. Nice not to have to get back in the car to hunt down food. Overall, would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!