“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tuba City
montezuma creek, utah
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our trip was long and we were exhausted. Luckily we got the last two rooms available. Extremely nice. The staff was welcoming. The breakfast was great. Little surprised how expensive the rooms were. It was great to have the Navajo Musem and the Code Talker Museum right next door. The Hoganrestaurant located adjoining the motel offered a good variety of choices at reasonable prices. Also the trading post offered a great choice of beautiful Native American artifacts.

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

In looking for an RV Park in Tuba City, we found that the Quality Inn had one. The RV Park was off road, directly behind the hotel. It was surprisingly nice and quiet with full hook ups. We ate at Hogan's restaurant inside the hotel. We enjoyed the good Southwestern food. No Wifi available at the RV park, but there was a computer in the hotel lobby to share. We took a ride south for 1.25 hours (toward Flagstaff, AZ) for some tremendous sites. We found Wupatki National Monument and Sunset Crater to be wonderful national treasures. Saw our first "blow hole", adobe ruins, and a volcanic crater. The adventures there rounded out our stay when we thought there wasn't enough to do in Tuba City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place is easy to find and close to a bunch of fast food restaurants. A couple of well behaved dogs roamed the parking lot looking for food. Rooms are new but the public areas feel a little older. Big TV and everything was super clean. Reception staff were not overly enthusiastic which was a relief, I'm not one for fake smiles and the rest of Tuba city had enough of authentic ones anyway. The receptionist talked about Tuba City being one hour ahead of the rest of Arizona, we were coming from Utah so I never really understood how it was any different from where I just came from.You get breakfast coupons for the next day, try to get there early if you're driving to The grand canyon or Monument Valley in a hurry because the service there was a bit slow, but the waiting staff were very friendly. My only complaint was that the promised guest PC was being replaced and both the new and old PC was not plugged in. Wifi in room was good though. Only thing I could think of that this place would need is a pool, plenty of space around to build one and would really do wonders for the place. A previous reviewer didn't like the panhandlers at the gas station in town, I have to say that I found them to be the most friendly panhandlers I encountered in my 12 state trip, so no complaints there either. Payed 110 euros for 1 night, which I felt was a bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Palos Verdes, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here one night on our Spring break with 3 kids. Wanted to continue north, but road was closed due to collapse. Room was surprisingly nice. My son who normally gets stuck on a rollaway bed, got his own sleeping area with fold out sofa and BIG screen TV. Area is desolate. Only place to eat is the Hogan next door. Ate there for dinner and it was bad. Greasy mutton stew with no meat, but flat bread was tasty. Breakfast seemed ok, but my son had food illness the entire next 2 days. Bring you own food and eat sandwiches from your cooler. The attached museum is definitely worth a visit. Please stop and learn more about the native people from their own perspective.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

we arrived with a reservation for five rooms and were "greeted"by two desk clerks. neither one was overly friendly. dry, i would say. just like tuba city. just so you know the hotel is located on the indian reservation, so there is no liquor sold in town. no problem, just FYI. the hotel is very overpriced for what it is: $145 for a week night. but it was the only place that had rooms near monument valley, and we looked two days in advance. the breakfast next door is ok, no one too friendly there either. the rooms could use some updates, all in all, it's just ok, not worth the money at all. no swimming pool either!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My expectations for motels in small towns in rural America are not high. A simple, clean room is usually more than enough.

We were passing through Tuba City in June, 2013 and needed a room for a night and Quality Inn was the only place in town with availability. When we got there, apart from needing to come back out to our car to write down our license place number, the check in was quick and easy.

We parked around back and walked towards where we thought our room would be but were really confused as it looked like we were walking into a construction site. As it turns out, we kind of were! All of the carpets in the hallway had been ripped up and a nasty glue stained cement floor was all that was left. I understand motels will need to make renovations, but there was no sign about what was going on, no apology/explanation from the front desk, just a filthy empty, carpet-less hallway.

This morning after dropping my wife off at a meeting I came back to the hotel and there were some construction workers (two of them!) but they were blocking off the entire parking lot while they rolled out some of the new carpet they planned to install!

On account of the construction there were no ice machines and no vending machines. The doors between the rooms and the parking lot look and feel like they were installed in the '70s which is probably also around the time that they installed the barely functional air-conditioner.

If they had charged us $40 bucks for the hotel I guess I could understand it, but the room was $!%)...excuse me, $150!!!

A complete ripoff for an absolute dump of a motel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stay and work with several different chains but this web site allowed me to purchase only to be billed something different at the hotel via a checkout receipt under the door. The price you agree too is the price you should be charged! I will take this matter up with tripadvisory and properly . Choice hotels knows better but each property doesn't always trains their staff on how to process a third party bill/check out. Part of the hotel has been updated. I paid for a non smoking room and was given a non smoking room that had been smoked in. The second room had hair on what was to be clean towels. The toilet hasn't been completely clean from the last persons issues. Holes in plaster in hallways old carpet in hall. Not inviting. Lights burnt out so outside not well lit. Gym is opposite of building. Other hotels available but I didn't know that until I drove through. Good luck and check your bill!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Quality Inn Navajo Nation? Share your experiences!