Lake Atitlan, situated at 1,500m altitude, is a must-see experience when in Guatemala. Hotel Lomas de Tzununa is ideally situated 100m above the lake on a (very) steep hillside facing south. It is highly recommended to take the 350 steps from the jetty. Good exercise. We stayed 3 nights, 16-19 December. Former UN diplomat Thiery and his family provide both warm and insightful hospitality together with their staff, which have all been recruited from the local village, Tzununa. All the rooms are light and spacious. The restaurant menu is varied and very good with a lot of home made stuff. All tremendous value. If you can force yourself away from just sitting in a chair taking in the intoxicating views try kayaking and swimming in the lake in the morning as the xocomil starts blowing from the Pacific every day around lunch time creating sizeable waves hitting the north shore. We loved every minute of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomas de Tzununa is located in Tzununa (Municipalily of Santa Cruz La Laguna), Lake Atitlan. The Hotel has 10 rooms all with wonderful views on the Lake Atitlan and its villages, private bathrooms and a private balcony. Lomas de Tzununa has a restaurant (national and international food), wi fi internet connection in public areas, swimming pool and access to the Lake Atitlan. We also rent kayaks and have a private boat for trips arround the Lake. We have a car to bring people up to the Hotel and there are eight Tuc Tuc (moto Taxi) available at Tzununa's main pier to come up. Come and enjoy spectacular views and wonderful hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Lomas de Tzununa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomas De Tzununa Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Lomas De Tzununa Guatemala/Lake Atitlan