“Fun for all ages” 5 of 5 stars

$19*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations.
Portland, OR
“Fun for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were a group of 12, ages range from 70 to 9 years old. We are all seasoned international travelers and for 5 of the 12 had been to Lake Atitlan several times in the past. Only one person in our group was fluent enough in Spanish to make arrangements for our 7 days on Lake Atitlan. Knowing this would be exhausting and difficult we turned to Lee Beal and Los Elementos for assistance. Another factor to be considered is that this is a heritage trip for my family. Our son was adopted from Guatemala in 2006 and my sister in law in 1979. My sister in law is now in her 40's, married and has two children who are of course half Guatemalan. This trip has been long in the making and a treasure of memories for the family.

Review: Lee is not only a professional in what he does but he uses his talents to give back to the community where he lives. Because of this we found our experience with Elementos of the highest quality. Thoughtful planning, willing to push the envelope and a natural teacher all created an experience that could not be beat by any other tour operator. Lee exhibits qualities in patience, customer service, knowledge, good judgment, humor, respect, innovation and teamwork. Lastly, we had the opportunity to get to know the families of Lee and Alex. Lee's wife is a bright sunny soul who welcomed the Fox faction with open arms, she too is committed to the community and works locally to provide for those visiting the lake. Alex has a beautiful wife and young baby boy. He beamed at every opportunity in talking about his family and when visiting Panajachal we bumped into Alex, his wife and child. Alex was on his own time when we saw him but took the time to chat with our group and let our kids play with his baby boy. These are bonds that will last a lifetime and the Fox family is forever grateful to the experiences provided by Lee, Alex and the warm welcoming people of Guatemala.

Please feel free in contacting me should you have any questions about our trip. Respectfully, Rachel Fox

Baton Rouge
“Fantastic guides and fun people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lee and Elaine's rental house during Thanksgiving week, 2012. We stumbled upon a stunning, inexpensive waterfront house rental on VRBO and got a great place to stay and so much more. They gave us so much info and advice on getting around and places to see, not only around the Atitlan area, but also had great advice on what to do and where to go in Antigua and up in Peten. They arranged transportation from the airport to Antigua, Antigua to Panajachel, and gave us a ride back to Guatemala City with a fantastic detour to the Chichi Thursday market (I highly recommend that). They were extremely personable, kept things casual, and our interactions with them seemed more like hanging out with new friends than doing business. We will definitely return to Casa Lee, and would strongly recommend anyone planning a trip to Lake Atitlan to look them up, whether you need guide services, a place to stay, or both.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Unplanned but memorable adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived at Lake Atitlan intending to kayak for a few days with Lee Beal but the winds did not cooperate. Lee was undeterred and proceeded to lead us instead on an extraordinary, unplanned series of adventures from a 5:30 a.m. pick up at the dock of our lodgings (at our request) to visit San Juan in the early morning to a hike to ancient caves still used for Mayan ceremonies. We could not have imagined or planned for a better introduction to the people and culture of the villages surrounding the lake. Lee was deeply knowledgeable and responsive to the many questions we posed about politics, history, culture, the daily lives of the local people who would often stop him in the streets to exchange greetings and news. We so enjoyed the opportunity to see Guatemala with him and through his eyes.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

On somewhat short notice, I contacted Lee Beal with Elementos Adventure Center and booked a full day tour of San Juan, San Pedro and Santiago. While I’m usually not a big fan of tours, our day with Lee was one of the highlights of the whole trip. On the website it indicated the tour lasted about 5-6 hours, however Lee spent about 9 hours with us that day. He was quickly able to assess our interests and then customized a plan that would make for a very special and informative day. We visited art galleries and spoke with the artists about their work. We visited a textile cooperative and a curative plant garden. He shared his knowledge of Mayan culture and was able to answer our numerous questions about the indigenous population. We had a brief chat with a local cofradia about his work. Throughout the day we had many discussions about the current political climate and the recent civil war. I’m really grateful to Lee for making this day so meaningful. It also gave us the knowledge to more fully enjoy our remaining days in Guatemala.

Sacramento, California
“A fabulous combo of local culture and personal attention by Lee.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Lee spent advance time assessing my stated desires and made revisions to my planned itinerary until all my needs were addressed. He was also very flexible and we revised my itinerary further as my 6 days at Lake Atitlan progressed as I found new interests and things to do. He was very in tune with my needs. As an example,he added a visit to an expat MD and his clinic on a day we were headed to cycle the local mountains and he made the day run very smoothly. Lee can arrange cultural, adventure and virtually any type of exposure at Lake Atitlan and nearby communities and he is intimately involved in each of the activities which allowed me to maximize my focus on the people, food and activities and not worry about the details. He is well accepted by the indigenous folks around the Lake and very knowledgeable of and compassionate towards them which was refreshing. His home was comfortable and well equipped. Lee also arranged my excursions and time in Antigua and Tikal via his multiple contacts in Guatemala. I found Lee's pricing to be very fair. The overall package that Lee offers is a reliable, affordable, trustworthy and generally a hella fun trip that offers insights and close up involvement with the people who live in the high country around the Lake. It felt so genuine and was such a blast that I would highly recommend him. An acquaintance of mine traveled to Atitlan about a year prior to my trip and highly recommended Lee. I am very grateful for that referral and Lee turned out to be even better than anticipated.

Visited September 2012