Laguna Lodge is one of those rare gems that you come across not too often. Perched on the shores of the gorgeous Lake Atitlan, our stay there early Feb. for 5 nights was nothing short of a magical experience. The lodge is accessed by boat - the uniqueness begins right there ! It is a labor of love of the owners Jeffro & Mayah who have designed it from the ground up to be a true eco-lodge, filled with all the luxuries and comfort. The staff goes the extra mile to pamper you. The lodge has only 8 suites which heightens the sense of privacy and tranquility. Despite my initial reservations, the vegetarian cuisine was some of the best I have come across.
The candlelight dinners by the firplace were truly memorable and the well stocked bar will cater to most needs. The food is enhanced by the variety of fresh fruits available in the Guatemalan highlands. The outdoor jacuzzi adds a nice touch in the evenings.
Take note that you will end up having most dinners at the lodge because to walk along the lake at night to get to any other establishment is not practical. But rest assured that the menu at the lodge will make that unnecessary.
The view from our private deck was unsurpassed - the lake changing colors constantly with the clouds and sun playing hide and seek. The lodge helped us plan our day trips - one by road to the Sunday market at Chichicastenango and another by boat to the surrounding Mayan villages. The village of San Juan is not to be missed.
In short, if you are looking to recharge in an atmosphere of unparalleled beauty & comfort, go to Laguna Lodge without thinking twice.We would go back in a heartbeat !
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.