Jus t stayed at Laguna Eco Resort. The location is beautiful and the rooms are beautiful. We had the least expensive room (on ground floor). Prior to arriving, we were told we were receiving one room but when we arrived, they gave us the other room? (the other room seemed more private on the entrance.) Don't know why the change? The place was not full. We enjoyed the views from the room and the location. We were able to walk into Santa Cruz each day and tour from there or have a meal or drinks. Jeffro and Mayah were lovely to meet for the first two days but then didn't seem to see them again....great pup that they have!!! I was a little concerned when there were additional charges for items such as hot tub, juice with breakfast, and local phone calls. I guess it was just a little discouraging when the cost of the lodge for guests is probably the most expensive in the area. I do think with a little special coordinating and management (I would have loved to have felt "welcome"), this property will truly be spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan