My boyfriend and I recently traveled to Guatemala on vacation. We wanted adventure and sightseeing interspersed with luxury accomodations. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at the Laguna Lodge in Santa Cruz on gorgeous Lake Atitlan. We arrived by boat and were greeted by the gracious hosts Mayah and Jeffro who lovingly built their gem of a hotel over a three year period. After being served a welcome cocktail we were escorted to our lovely room with some of the most spectacular views we have ever seen of a deep blue lake ringed by volcanos. As we watched the sunset from our beautiful thatch-roofed balcony, we enjoyed a glass of wine. After a dip in the private jacuzzi, we enjoyed a delicious gourmet vegetarian feast complete with organic wine. The hotel accomodates just six couples which keeps the atmosphere warm but intimate, and the staff which is comprised of Mayan locals are friendly and attentive. The next morning after a hearty breakfast we hiked up their private nature trail which is part of the 100 acre property. The views from the top of the trail were even more spectacular than those from our room. We plan to return and spend more time luxuriating on the property and touring the charming towns around the lake. This is the perfect place for a romantic getaway for two with a sense of adventure, a love of nature, and an appreciation for people who have created an accomodation that exists completely one with nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan