We had the good fortune to stumble across Laguna Lodge just as they were opening their doors. The position overlooking Lake Atitlan is stupendous as is the Lodge itself. The owners, Mayah and Jeffro have created a cozy hideaway easily accessed by boat from nearby Panachel. The private dock leads you up to a gazebo where you can perch to enjoy the Lake scenery. We sat here for a sunset pre dinner cocktail in total contentment.
The interior spaces - rooms, dining area, and public areas are decorated with an earthy luxuriousness combining stone, wood, and artwork with subtle lighting for mood ambiance. The attention to detail was apparent throughout. Their chef Raul prepared us an exquisite four course vegetarian dinner. I do not believe I have ever had such a gourmet vegetarian feast. The majority of the produce comes from the Lodges own organic garden.
Next time we hope to stay longer and have the chance to explore the Lodge’s 100 acre nature reserve. Lake Atitlan is a special place on the planet and staying at Laguna Lodge provides a perfect marriage for a heavenly experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan