The Laguna Eco lodge located on Lake Atitlan is stunning but lacks a five star rating. The staff including Cruz and Marta, were exceptional. However, little is printed about its vegan and vegetarian restaurant. This restaurant served the most unflavorable food I have ever tasted and choices were extremely limited. Charging a lot for a four course dinner that was burnt, is not five star. Breakfasts were also over cooked. Although you are in a beautiful setting, you are a captive audience for their food as you will need to walk a very poorly maintained trail or pay for a boat ride to another town. Their are seven rooms and four of them are exceptional. The other three are definitely not worth the price of admission.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan