We went to Laguna Lodge on our honeymoon, and had an amazing time! We had the hotel arrange for pick up from the airport in guatemala city, and stayed in the jaguar suite for 5 nights. Waking up to the views of the volcanoes from our bed was absolutely amazing! We had breakfast every morning, and dinner every night. Every meal was absolutely fantastic, I had the best tiramisu I've ever had here!
Something to note: Guatemalan "time" is very different from the states. Dinner would take sometimes 2 hours, drinks a half hour, but you know I think that was the charm of it all.
We woke up every morning without a place to go, or agenda and just relaxed.
I would recommend getting a massage, listening to the birds chirp, while the water crashes against the beach, I felt like I was in heaven! Also, the nature reserve was absolutely amazing! Steep climbs, but amazing views
We also spent one day in santiago, and one day driving to the markets in Chicastinago. I would highly recommend going to Chichicastinago if you have the time! What an experience!
Another thing to note, is this is paradise, and being able to be so close to paradise expect to see wildelife. We had a few large spiders in our room, but the staff was so helpful in "relocating" them.
When it was time to move on to our next hotel, the manager was able to set up transportation to Antigua and we were on our way to our next hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.