“Little paradise in lake atitlan” 5 of 5 stars

You added Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve to your Saves list
Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve
Tzantizotz, Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala   |
Miami Beach
“Little paradise in lake atitlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We only stayed one night and wished, from the minute we arrived, we could have stayed a little longer... The hotel is tucked into the mountain, overlooking the lake and volcanoes. Unique views and unique hotel. The hotel is a pure gem with only 6 rooms, peaceful and quiet, their dedicated staff is simply the nicest, the organic food is worth the wait, and you cannot leave without going for the hike!
We already miss the sunset views and we'll definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Super nice location with nature hike just behind the property. Really enjoyed this.
The staff were friendly and made sure we were happy. The place is very peaceful and I wish that I had longer time to stay there. The view overlooking the lake was amazing.
Now onto the food, it was much better than I could have imagined, some of the best Veggie Food I have ever had, we both enjoyed our dinners here. After dinner we partook in the Hot Tub with a drink and relaxed!
I usually stay in more budget type places but decided to treat myself and my girlfriend and this was a great place for us to unwind and take in the view.
I highly recommend everyone to go stay there.

Regards

Jerome and Jenniffer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful. I am glad that we got to experience it. The relaxation areas and nature walks were wonderful. The dinning room was lovely as well. And I very much enjoyed our view and balcony area. But I think it would have been softer to sleep on the floor rather than the rock hard beds. We actually had to take the blankets off the beds and double them up to lay on top of them just so we wouldn't wake up with sore hips or shoulders. I wish they would get mattress tops or something. I would not go again, just for that reason.

Room Tip: Try not to get one of the two rooms on the first floor. You won't have as much privacy with peop...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LagunaLodge, Manager at Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank for visiting Laguna Lodge and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. We are always improving our guest experience and appreciate your comments. While all of our beds are of the highest hotel quality, the Pato Poc suites double beds are firmer than the king beds in the other suites. We are sorry this was not to your liking and will be adding a pillow top to these beds so it will be enjoyed by all guests whether a firm of soft bed is preferred.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a row in Nov.2012. The manager, Juan Manuel, leads a great time in terms of Customer Service. We really felt like in home.
Being a luxurious hotel, we got even more than expected considering their rates.
Beautiful and spacious rooms, uncomparable views towards the lake and its surrounding volcanoes, very good vegetarian food (eggs and milk products included in their menu).
The Jaguar suite is great and I really recommend to walk through their natural reserve up to the hill, you will have the most amazing views from the top... try to do it early in the morning and you will feel like in heaven.

For getting there, you can take the public boat from Panajachel and just tell the driver that you are going to Laguna Lodge in Santa Cruz, it will take less than 30 minutes to get there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
austin, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just returned from a second wonderful stay at Laguna Lodge. It's been almost three years since my last visit. I'm happy to say that the hotel is as lovely as ever. The owners, Mayah and Jeffro, have created a little piece of paradise on gorgeous Lake Atitlan. They have thoughtfully collected and displayed beautiful pieces that represent the amazing craftsmanship in Guatemala.
The hotel is small, but the rooms are big with lovely balconies overlooking the water and nearby volcanos. Having breakfast on your private balcony is a real treat. All the meals are vegetarian and delicious. Juan Manuel and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is the best.
I was with my husband and another couple on my first visit. This time, I took a friend. The hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up in Antigua, then take us to Panajachal where we caught the boat for the lodge. Even though the lodge is only accessible by boat, there are plenty of things to do. We took the boat and spent about three hours across the lake in Santiago, then came back for massages and reflexology. You can also hike the nature preserve that the owners have set aside above the lodge.
As I mentioned, this was my second visit. I can't wait to bring more friends on my for my next trip.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are lovely. Since I was traveling with a friend we opted for one with two beds...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our time at the Laguna Lodge was quite enjoyable and it afforded us a different experience. The hotel is exotic and tasteful. The setting on the lake edge is perfect along with the ideal climate. The staff was accommodating and the owners are interesting, accomplished people. It is necessary to use a boat to get to the hotel, but this added to the total unusual experience. There is a trail leading to a lookout on the property's preserve, which supplies a bit of adventure. The design of the building was stunning, the decore was lovely, and the gardens were exotic. The food was delicious. I am not a vegetarian but I enjoyed it a lot. Kudos to the owners, who created this gorgeous retreat. We loved it.

Room Tip: All the rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

it's really difficult to find anything not tip-top with this hotel. the staff was amazing from the time we showed up on the dock at panajachel to the time we left. in fact, when we did leave after our short 3 day stay it felt like we were leaving our family to go off to college or something - it was such a homey atmosphere and we really enjoyed ourselves. the owners are hands on and super friendly too.

the room we stayed in was very well appointed with an amazing patio, and views of the lake and volcanoes. the bed was comfy and the lounger on the patio was a great place to relax. the constant, unlimited supply of filtered drinking water was a really nice touch too.

the dinner each night was absolutely amazing. what they can do with a plate of vegetables really blew my mind. the only slight negative was the price - at $40 per plate, it's like we were back in NYC, but honestly i've never had such a good vegetarian meal. i'd be happier if the dinner was in the $25 - $30 range but overall, i can't say enough about the quality of the kitchen at the hotel.

the hotel is in a really peaceful location, with plenty of day trips around the lake available. the hotel's private boat is always an option but there's also a public boat that comes around every 20 minutes or so that will take you anywhere you want to go. there are also a couple of options for hiking around the hotel's nature reserve and to nearby santa cruz. but this hotel is really about settling in and relaxing for as long as your stay will allow. it's a fantastic place to decompress.

overall, we'd definitely return and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: there are only 6 rooms and they all face the water - i don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LagunaLodge, Manager at Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review.
Just a note about our dinner price, we do not have a $40 plate, this may be a typo, our gourmet candlelit dinner is $40 for four courses. This averages at around $8 each for a soup, salad and dessert and the main $16. Our lunch menu ranges from $7 - $15 and à la carte breakfast is included in the room rate.
It was a pleasure having you both stay with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Kind Regards,
Juan Manuel

Been to Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve? Share your experiences!