The hotel is very small, rooms are nicely decorated and spacious, in a rustic but elegant style. Veggy but elaborated food, nice dining and living rooms make this place beautifully comfortable with a homy touch. Arrival is by the lake, and the water can be a bit tough specially after lunch, so it is probably better to take the lodge's boat in the morning.
The view of the four volcanoes is unique, and the place is VERY quiet, which can be good or not depending on what you are looking for. For activities, there is not much to do except some trails, swimming and kayaking, for everything else you need to take a boat which can take you to some local villages on the lake's shore.
There is a good place near by (10 mins walk by the water border) to take drinks or have some simple bites in the night, customers are mostly people that have arrived into Atitlan from many places in the world and have stayed, and go meet here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan