“Outstanding Quality Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drake Bay Cafe

Drake Bay Cafe
200 Meters South of the Hotel Jinetes de Osa in Drake Bay | 100 Metros Sur-Este Del Hotel Jinetes de Osa, Drake Bay 98087, Costa Rica
+506 6003 7253
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Drake Bay
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Costa Rican, International, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We offer delicious cold and hot coffee drinks, fruit drinks, deserts, lunch and dinners (fresh fish, shrimp, chicken, and beef). We are next to the beach in Drake Bay. We have good music and free Wi-Fi.
Cocoa, Florida
“Outstanding Quality Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We found a gourmet delight hidden in Drake Bay! Drake Bay Cafe is an outstanding restaurant. The two owners are dedicated and friendly. The food is high quality - using the freshest ingredients. We've been here many times and are always delighted with the food, atmosphere, and service.

DrakeBayCafe, Owner at Drake Bay Cafe, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for visiting us and for your kind words. We hope to see you soon!

“A must visit in the Drake Bay Area, food and atmosphere was impeccable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We've been the the Drake Bay Area for 12 days. My family and I frequented several restaurants, The Drake Bay Cafe is far and above the best in the area. The cuisine was authentic and priced reasonably. The owners were friendly, courteous and provided excellent service. It was really great see such an accommodating atmosphere so far from the pavement world we were used to. I simply don't have enough thumbs to rate this restaurant! Fantastic!

Visited July 2014
DrakeBayCafe, Owner at Drake Bay Cafe, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We enjoyed having you and your wonderful family at Drake Bay Cafe. Thank you for your comments!
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
“The Best Coffee in Drake Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the ONLY PLACE in Drake Bay to get a real cappuccino and the icy cold frappes are ridiculously delicious. The main problem with the dark chocolate flavoured one is that you really want to keep drinking it, but you really don't want it to be over either. Dilemma!

The food is a great combination of typical Costa Rican dishes and more international style food. Definitely try the garlic shrimps with patacones and creamy mash!

Yens and Patrick are super friendly hosts who are happy to chat about Drake Bay and their many projects. From the butterfly garden to the new cabinas and maybe even a yoga studio! They also seem to have found the only chefs in Drake Bay who can bake properly. Two words: banana bread!

What else can I say except: Go to this cafe. Just do it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DrakeBayCafe, Owner at Drake Bay Cafe, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing our cafe and sharing your valuable feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed our food and service.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The Seattle men have built a special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

A cut above most bars in Drake Bat, this little place sits at the end of the swinging bridge and is beautiful and friendly and you need to stop in

Visited June 2014
DrakeBayCafe, Owner at Drake Bay Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for visiting us. We really enjoyed talking to you and learning about your adventures in Drake Bay :)
ludwip
“Great food, great view, great espresso cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect since Drake Bay is pretty far in the jungle. But, I was impressed by this cafe on the edge of the costa rican jungle. The restaurant/cafe is located near the beach, with a great view of the beach and occasionally (if the weather is good) you can see a partial sunset off in the distance. The restaurant is open air with big fans to keep a cool breeze going all the time.

I decided to visit since I read that they had great coffee. They have a nice coffee machine so I was able to get my espresso fix. I tried the white chocolate mocha. It was very well made and the owners and staff were very welcoming. Their food was delicious (although the menu is somewhat small) and they prepare it however I wanted. I don't like potatoes so they provided patacones instead as a side with my steak dinner. Awesome place, definitely recommend it and I will be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DrakeBayCafe, Manager at Drake Bay Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Muchas gracias!